Agree or disagree with this quote from a well known politician?

Agree or Disagree with the quote

• Agree

• Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I agree with it in theory but it also depends on the context. For example, a local police officer that breaks rules doesnt necessarily mean the entire government is under attack. But if we are referring to say the FBI or the military as a whole, then thats a cause for concern.

Reactions: ripskater

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I agree with it in theory but it also depends on the context. For example, a local police officer that breaks rules doesnt necessarily mean the entire government is under attack. But if we are referring to say the FBI or the military as a whole, then thats a cause for concern.
I think going with the gist of it is ok. We all know that there are nuances. In your example, the bad cop doesn't undermine the country, but he certainly undermined his fellow police officers and precinct.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think going with the gist of it is ok. We all know that there are nuances. In your example, the bad cop doesn't undermine the country, but he certainly undermined his fellow police officers and precinct.
Yes it depends if its a spreading issue. If a couple bad officers are found and dealt with, its chalked up to normal statistics. However, if we find that a group has been infiltrated and many breaking the law become the norm, then yes that can undermine the country.

Reactions: The Man

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal

Eddie Johnson fired. He was Chicago's Police Chief. It looks like he fell asleep in his car after drinking and then lied about it to the mayor. It's an example though of where someone who's a law enforcer turns into a law breaker, and Chicago is definitely known for trouble.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
As Baji noted, it's a matter of degree. As the quote stands it is a bit hyperbolic.

With a nation of hundreds of millions of people there are always going to be rogue outliers. But if the pattern arose that misbehavior within law enforcement was being rationalized/justified it would certainly be a reason for concern. (The rambo style...)

For now i think we (the US) are in pretty good shape.

(Guess it's time to go google the quote....eh?)

Last edited:
Reactions: The Man

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
As Baji noted, it's a matter of degree. As the quote stands it is a bit hyperbolic.

With a nation of hundreds of millions of people there are always going to be rogue outliers. But if the pattern arose that misbehavior within law enforcement was being rationalized/justified it would certainly be a reason for concern. (The rambo style...)

For now i think we (the US) are in pretty good shape.

(Guess it's time to go google the quote....eh?)

When you were growing up did you shake your Christmas gifts? :p hehe