Agree or disagree with this quote from a well known politician?

Agree or Disagree with the quote

• Agree

• Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC

Eddie Johnson fired. He was Chicago's Police Chief. It looks like he fell asleep in his car after drinking and then lied about it to the mayor. It's an example though of where someone who's a law enforcer turns into a law breaker, and Chicago is definitely known for trouble.
Can remember when Eddie Johnson was hired. Emmanuel was desperate to calm the black community in Chicago after the McDonald murder/clusterfuck came to light. Johnson was hired from within the department primarily because he was respected/liked by the rank and file. (And the fact that he was African-American prolly also played a role in the decision.)

Nov 2014
North Carolina
It would depend on the scale of the problem, and whether or not the law enforcers in question are brought to trial. Any system is going to have its share of bad apples. That doesn't mean the system itself is compromised.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC

Eddie Johnson fired. He was Chicago's Police Chief. It looks like he fell asleep in his car after drinking and then lied about it to the mayor. It's an example though of where someone who's a law enforcer turns into a law breaker, and Chicago is definitely known for trouble.
Just read where Chief Johnson was already scheduled to retire in just a few weeks.

The fact that Mayor Lightfoot decided to fire him now suggests there was at least an element of politics involved in the action.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Just read where Chief Johnson was already scheduled to retire in just a few weeks.

The fact that Mayor Lightfoot decided to fire him now suggests there was at least an element of politics involved in the action.

Yes... that bothers me to do that when she did it. But I don't know the extent of the issue, so maybe it was deserved or maybe not.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Yes... that bothers me to do that when she did it. But I don't know the extent of the issue, so maybe it was deserved or maybe not.
Here is a more detailed report from the local Chicago Tribune. Am guessing there is more to this story which will break soon.

One paragraph sort of jumped out:

“While at some point the IG’s report may become public and those details may be revealed, I don’t feel like it’s appropriate or fair to Mr. Johnson’s wife or children to do so at this time,” she said."