Ahmadinejad tells United States to quit Region

D

Derogarlic

Ahmadinejad tells United States to quit region - Yahoo! News
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad used a visit to Baghdad on Monday to tell the United States to get out of Iraq and the region, saying its presence there had brought only destruction and division.

"We believe the powers that came over the seas traveling thousands of kilometers, these powers should leave this region and hand over the affairs to the people and governments in the region," Ahmadinejad said in translated remarks.

"The power that is far from our region must allow countries of the region to manage their own affairs. This foreign power must not interfere in the affairs of states, because the governments and the states are capable of running their own affairs."

Listen to this wise man. He speaks what most people around the world think.

J

johnflesh

Where is a picture of Iraq with America leaning over saying "I won't quit choo," when you need one, huh? Huh?

C

Colin

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the United States just suddenly left Iraq to implode at the pleasure of its neighbors into internal civil war and ethnic tribalism while the Middle East would be left to be torn up by competing Russian, Chinese, European, Iranian and Saudi interests!

That would do well for global stability and American security - Thanks Ahmandinejad!

G

Goldwater

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the United States just suddenly left Iraq to implode at the pleasure of its neighbors into internal civil war and ethnic tribalism while the Middle East would be left to be torn up by competing Russian, Chinese, European, Iranian and Saudi interests!

That would do well for global stability and American security - Thanks Ahmandinejad!
I agree Colin, that would suck for American interests, but I wonder how many countries in the Middle East give a flying rip about American interests. McCain is going to need an international relations miracle to get the Iraqiis, Saudiis, Iranians, Russians, and Chinese to think we deserve anything but a foot up our asses and the wish that the door doesn't hit us in the backside on the way out. Our list of allies runs thin to non existant.

If McCain doesn't win, your prediction of how wonderful it will be for us in the Middle East will come true. Or......we'll just leave, the fighting will stop, and we'll look stupid, and Rush will find a way to blame it on Clinton or Democrats in general.

Who can see the future huh?

D

Dr.Knuckles

I agree Colin, that would suck for American interests, but I wonder how many countries in the Middle East give a flying rip about American interests. McCain is going to need an international relations miracle to get the Iraqiis, Saudiis, Iranians, Russians, and Chinese to think we deserve anything but a foot up our asses and the wish that the door doesn't hit us in the backside on the way out. Our list of allies runs thin to non existant.

If McCain doesn't win, your prediction of how wonderful it will be for us in the Middle East will come true. Or......we'll just leave, the fighting will stop, and we'll look stupid, and Rush will find a way to blame it on Clinton or Democrats in general.

Who can see the future huh?
I have nothing to add to this except to ask everybody to read it again.

If I have to add something, I'll put a "boo yeah" at the end.

D

Dr.Knuckles

And seeing as the world, as we all know, is divided into two kinds of people; Americans and liberals, let me speak on behalf of the 6 billion non-American cheese eating surrender monkies,

If Obama sits in his new oval office chair, gets on the horn and says, "we fucked up and we'd like to clean up the mess, who can help us help the Iraqis" there will be 35,000 armed blue-helmets (U.N. peacekeepers) in Iraq by the end of the year and the shit will be over.

If Clinton does it we'll do it but we're going to need a little somethin somethin in return.

If McCain calls we're not home.

D

Derogarlic

Yeah he was especially wise when he said there are no gays in Iran. He's might be right because he probably killed them all.
I am getting tired of seeing you drumbeating zionist warmonger propaganda and systematic misrepresentation of Iran. Ahmadinejad said there is no "gay phenomenon" in Iran comparable to that of the USA.

D

Derogarlic

And seeing as the world, as we all know, is divided into two kinds of people; Americans and liberals, let me speak on behalf of the 6 billion non-American cheese eating surrender monkies,

If Obama sits in his new oval office chair, gets on the horn and says, "we fucked up and we'd like to clean up the mess, who can help us help the Iraqis" there will be 35,000 armed blue-helmets (U.N. peacekeepers) in Iraq by the end of the year and the shit will be over.

If Clinton does it we'll do it but we're going to need a little somethin somethin in return.

If McCain calls we're not home.
Indeed, but these are just cosmetic differences, since none of the candidates questions US Colonial strategy in the middle east for itself. The only serious candidate i've heard of until now of advocating a thorough "rethinking" of US foreign policy is Ralph Nader. Vote for him if you want to act against the neocon cabal, since the democrats are way too dominated by the "liberal" hawks like the Clintons for being able to think differently.