Ahmadinejad's Qods Day comments enrage West

Nov 2007
NE Wisconsin
This guy is a raving lunatic. I can't believe that the Iranian's don't rise up and overthrow him. And to think that he may eventually have nuclear weapons at his disposal. Frightening.

Western officials have reacted strongly to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's September 18 comments about the Holocaust.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs, British Foreign Secretary David Miliband and his German counterpart Frank-Walter Steinmeier all attacked President Ahmadinejad for his speech.

Gibbs condemned the comments, calling them "baseless, ignorant and hateful," and claimed that they would only isolate Iran further.

Miliband took even one-step further, calling Ahmadinejad's remarks an “abhorrent as well as ignorant†outburst “not worthy of the leader of Iran.â€

"Iran's people have a great history and culture. I cannot believe that the vast majority of them want to rewrite this chapter of history rather than focus on the future.

"The coincidence of today's comments with the start of Jewish New Year only adds to the insult."

German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier took the insults to their limits by targeting Ahmadinejad himself and calling him "a disgrace.â€

"Today's statements by the Iranian president are unacceptable," Steinmeier said in a September 18 statement.

"With his intolerable tirades he is a disgrace to his country. This sheer anti-Semitism demands our collective condemnation. We will continue to confront it decisively in the future," he added.

Paris also took it upon itself to call Ahmadinejad's speech "appalling and unacceptable.â€

This is while in his speech, Ahmadinejad did not deny the Holocaust, but raised some questions about the matter, asking Western powers for a logical answer.

"If the Holocaust, as you claim, is true, why don't you allow a probe into the issue?" he asked, while calling the Zionist regime a symbol of lies and deception founded on “colonialist†attitudes.

The Iranian president also asked why Palestinians had to pay for the genocide of Jews at the hands of Europeans.

Ahmadinejad was speaking on the Qods ( Jerusalem) Day, the last Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan when, at the initiative of Iran's late revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, Muslims rally worldwide to show their support for Palestinians, who, like other Arab nations, have Semitic roots.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=106601&sectionid=351020101

Six

Sep 2006
Houston, Tx
[quote name='Bourne' date='19 September 2009 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1253366261' post='23766']

This guy is a raving lunatic. I can't believe that the Iranian's don't rise up and overthrow him. And to think that he may eventually have nuclear weapons at his disposal. Frightening.

[/quote]

Well if they don't Israel will and with far worse circumstances world wide. An attack on Iran right now would send the price of oil out of sight. Unfortunately I think it's goinng to happen pretty soon and I really can't blame Israel.

Nov 2007
NE Wisconsin
[quote name='Six' date='19 September 2009 - 08:22 AM' timestamp='1253366552' post='23767']

Well if they don't Israel will and with far worse circumstances world wide. An attack on Iran right now would send the price of oil out of sight. Unfortunately I think it's goinng to happen pretty soon and I really can't blame Israel.

[/quote]

I wouldn't blame Israel either. Ahmadinejad has effectively called for the destruction of Israel. Not if, but when Iran obtains a nuclear weapon he may very well act on that ambition. I believe that Israel will act preemptively in its own protection.

Sep 2009
[quote name='Bourne' date='19 September 2009 - 01:26 PM' timestamp='1253366799' post='23768']

I wouldn't blame Israel either. Ahmadinejad has effectively called for the destruction of Israel. Not if, but when Iran obtains a nuclear weapon he may very well act on that ambition. I believe that Israel will act preemptively in its own protection.

[/quote]

It wasn't Iran who killed Jews; it wasn't Iran who invaded the Middle East;

it isn't Iran that is running a racist colony and commiting constant war crimes; it isn't Iran that has nuclear weapons in the Middle East, is it? What difference exactly is there between your murderous proposals and Hitler's imperialism, especially his reprisals against the Resistance? Mutually assured destruction has served us well since the War, and is desperately needed in the Middle East to prevent the swaggering racist bullies unleashing yet more killing.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
[quote name='kynaston' date='19 September 2009 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1253367876' post='23774']

It wasn't Iran who killed Jews; ...[/quote]

Whoa... Iran and the U.S. are in a proxy war, using Arab groups and Israel as the respective proxies. Iran is the chief provider of funds and weapons for Arab groups bent on attacking Israel. You can't give weapons to (for example) Hamas or Hezbollah, and then claim your actions aren't "killing Jews."

Nov 2007
NE Wisconsin
Even the Russian are sick of this guy...

MOSCOW — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's statement that the Holocaust was "a myth" is "totally unacceptable", the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement Saturday.

"Such statements, wherever they come from, contradict the truth and are totally unacceptable," ministry spokesman Andrei Nesterenko said in the statement.

"Attempts to rewrite history, especially as the 70th anniversary of the start of World War II is being marked this year, are an offence to the memory of all victims and all those who fought fascism," he added.

Nesterenko said Ahmadinejad's comment "does not contribute to creating an international atmosphere that would foster a fruitful dialogue on issues concerning Iran."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iDWXVz_37v4MbpB-FMjG04zuPwcA

Sep 2009
[quote name='Djinn' date='19 September 2009 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1253368215' post='23775']

Whoa... Iran and the U.S. are in a proxy war, using Arab groups and Israel as the respective proxies. Iran is the chief provider of funds and weapons for Arab groups bent on attacking Israel. You can't give weapons to (for example) Hamas or Hezbollah, and then claim your actions aren't "killing Jews."

[/quote]

I don't see zionists as Jews myself. Are there many believers in that racist colony? I understood they were a tiny minority. The Resistance in Europe during the War, wicked things, were undoubtedly 'killing Germans' because they objected to nazi swine stealing their countries. It was the same in all the European colonies too - they were full of wicked 'terrorists' killing people who wanted only to steal all they possessed, poor sainted colonialist souls. What about Ireland - or the early US come to that? The terrorists in both were attacking the armies who had lost many men to save them, and the swine had French help, too.

Nov 2007
NE Wisconsin
[quote name='kynaston' date='19 September 2009 - 12:32 PM' timestamp='1253381541' post='23816']

I don't see zionists as Jews myself. Are there many believers in that racist colony? I understood they were a tiny minority. The Resistance in Europe during the War, wicked things, were undoubtedly 'killing Germans' because they objected to nazi swine stealing their countries. It was the same in all the European colonies too - they were full of wicked 'terrorists' killing people who wanted only to steal all they possessed, poor sainted colonialist souls. What about Ireland - or the early US come to that? The terrorists in both were attacking the armies who had lost many men to save them, and the swine had French help, too.

[/quote]

Don't take this the wrong way but I think that I'll ignore whatever imbecilic point it is that you're trying to make.

Jan 2007
[quote name='Bourne' date='19 September 2009 - 09:17 AM' timestamp='1253366261' post='23766']

[/quote]

They are trying to overthrow him. Or at least get him out of office. They're protesting everyday, even while some of them are getting beaten up or even shot.

Jan 2007
[quote name='kynaston' date='19 September 2009 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1253381541' post='23816']

[/quote]

While I agree that Israel shouldn't have been created in the first place and it's creation stole Palistinian land, you cannot compare the Resistance of World War II against the Nazis to Hezbollah and Hamas. One targeted soldiers, and the other mainly targets civilians.

I can't beleive you don't realize that.