Air Force crew made an odd stop on a routine trip: Trump’s Scottish resort

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Nobody here has a problem with soldiers following orders.

Why do right-wingnuts support our troops being given illegal orders intended to personally enrich the Commander in Chief? They certainly wouldn't support a Democratic President doing this, but then, they are hypocrites, aren't they?

What a Dumb post, even for yoy. What “illegal order” and which crew members followed illegal orders and how?

If the rates are below market value, and within the limits set by the usaf, the dod, what personal enrichment?

Did you not read the usaf’s statement, they have been doing this since 2015. Dont be so ignorant.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
If you have any knowledge of the story, then you know that this airport is in receivership due to being unprofitable, and that Trump needs this airport to remain open in order to provide access to his resort. Nobody claimed that he was getting cash kickbacks for fuel sales at the airport. Don't pretend to be so stupid.

Oh so its a nutter theory you have there.

Hey at least some of us can pretend....MIRITE? Hahahahaaaa

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
Tl:dr

Stopped at your first bullshit lie.

The usaf increased flights to there yes, to relieve other places like ramstien, the air field is along the “great circle” planes fly to shorten the flights.

Trump had nothing to do with that.

Not moving forward until you concede this point, sorry not sorry.
no, you stopped at the first fact you could not handle, due to your snowflake tendencies. trump voters watch fox for the same reason- they do not want the truth, they want someone to tell them the goofy shit trump says and they believe is the truth.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
"While we are still reviewing the trip records, we have found nothing that falls outside the guidelines associated with selecting stopover airports on travel routes and hotel accommodations for crew rest," Thomas added.

"The Trump property -- at $136 a night -- was less expensive than the Marriott property -- $161 a night -- and both were under the per diem rate of $166," Thomas said.

Air Force Defends C-17 Crew's Stopover at Scotland Trump Resort

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
"While we are still reviewing the trip records, we have found nothing that falls outside the guidelines associated with selecting stopover airports on travel routes and hotel accommodations for crew rest," Thomas added.
"The Trump property -- at $136 a night -- was less expensive than the Marriott property -- $161 a night -- and both were under the per diem rate of $166," Thomas said.

Air Force Defends C-17 Crew's Stopover at Scotland Trump Resort
from military.com-

Congressional investigators fear American military forces are charging ahead to save President Trump's troubled Scotland golf resort.
When a C-17 supply plane heading back to the U.S. from Kuwait last spring stopped for fuel near Glasgow, Scotland, its five-person crew stayed at the Trump Turnberry resort 20 miles from the airport, said a report Friday night in Politico.

The Alaska-based crew was surprised at the posh seaside digs. One crew member texted "someone close to him" a picture of the pricey resort and noted that the crew's per diem allowance wasn't enough to cover the food and drink tab.

Usually C-17 crews refuel at U.S. bases like Ramstein Air Base in Germany, or the U.S. Naval Air Station in Rota, Spain. Fuel is cheaper at the bases than at Glasgow Prestwick Airport, where the Alaskan crew stopped, Politico noted.

If they need to stay off-base, the Pentagon puts up crews at inexpensive hotels picked by midlevel officers -- none as ritzy as Trump's resort. "Master sergeants are cheap," an Air Force official told Politico.

Congressional investigators are looking into the C-17 stopover and other Defense Department expenses that might be helping Trump's Scotland resort.

The expenditures might violate a clause in the Constitution barring Trump from receiving "any other Emolument from the United States [government]" other than his salary.

House Oversight Committee leaders in June asked the Pentagon for records of its spending at Trump's Turnberry resort and at the financially troubled Glasgow Prestwick Airport, which the committee noted "has been viewed as integral to the golf course's financial success."

The airport may be another front in the military's push to help its commander-in-chief's business interest.

Since October 2017, the Defense Department "has entered into 629 separate purchase orders for fuel totaling $11 million," the House Oversight Committee says.

The investigators' interest was piqued by a February report in the U.K.'s Guardian newspaper that said airport executives were making business deals aimed at stemming Turnberry's losses.

The year Trump took office, the Turnberry resort lost money. But last year, revenue was up $3 million -- apparently helped by a boost in military business, Politico said.

Congress Probing US Military Stopovers at Trump's Scotland Golf Resort

Jun 2014
United States
Trumputin owns the Airport (figuratively) and the golfcourse/resort hotel. He made a deal that the airport will refer his golf course first over many closer hotels for a slight kickback.

Yeah, he struck that deal back in 2014, before he was President. It's the 2017 flight directive that is truly fishy. You aren't "improving efficiency" by paying a premium price for fuel and lodging.

Sep 2016
My own world
In the business world, idiots pay tax, a fool and his money are soon parted.

I pay very little National Insurance, about £200 per year and no income tax. I went Limited company and wiped out my tax burden. I could be daft enough and be sole trader status but if I follow the rules because of my accountancy knowledge, I've wiped out most of my employment taxes for the last 15 years.

So who's the idiot!!!!!!

Apple and Amazon are only large companies because they've paid very little tax. I bet you use them !!! Orange man bad, lol.
Tax cheats go to jail.