Air Force crew made an odd stop on a routine trip: Trump’s Scottish resort

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Mmmmmm. people on this do know that the Air Force is looking into this right?

WASHINGTON—The U.S. Air Force said the service was reviewing its travel-spending policies after an aircrew’s March stay at a Trump golf resort in Scotland intensified scrutiny over public funds being spent in hotels and resorts tied to the president.

Brig. Gen. Edward Thomas said in a statement Sunday that the trip fell within “guidelines associated with selecting stopover airports on travel routes and hotel accommodations,” but said the Air Force is now reviewing all guidance on the selection of airport and lodging accommodations during international trips.

“U.S. Service members lodging at resort accommodations, even if within government rates, might be allowable but not advisable,” he said. “We are not only stewards of American tax dollars but we represent our nation as we travel abroad.”
A crew of seven Air Force and Alaska Air National Guard members stayed at the Trump Turnberry golf resort en route to Kuwait for $136 a night, Brig. Gen. Thomas said. The hotel was dozens of miles away from Glasgow Prestwick Airport but was the closest available and cheapest option within the $166-per-day maximum allowable hotel rates, he added

Air Force Reviews Travel Policies Amid Scrutiny Over Trump Resort

And the fact the Trump's "deal" with Scottland was not voided after he became POTUS is, again, NOT NORMAL

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
Tax cheats go to jail.
that is why trump won't release his taxes, despite his many promises to do so. maybe they do not show "cheating," but they probably show how indebted he is to Saudis and Russians and how little actual wealth he has. why do trump voters not care if he lies to them all the time?

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
In the business world, idiots pay tax, a fool and his money are soon parted.

I pay very little National Insurance, about £200 per year and no income tax. I went Limited company and wiped out my tax burden. I could be daft enough and be sole trader status but if I follow the rules because of my accountancy knowledge, I've wiped out most of my employment taxes for the last 15 years.

So who's the idiot!!!!!!

Apple and Amazon are only large companies because they've paid very little tax. I bet you use them !!! Orange man bad, lol.
It is specifically in the constitution that a president cannot profit from the presidency other than receiving a salary. He is fleecing the American taxpayers, but it seems a lot of people like it sans lube. The rest of us? Not so much.

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
Oh great, JUST fucking great, you've learned a new word/term, shithead...

No one said that Trump
owns the aviation fuel at the local airport. The point is that the American taxpayer paid MORE for that fuel than it would have had they refueled at the normal stopover.
IF a room would have been empty otherwise ANY money gotten for it is better than ZERO.

Economics 101: ANY money is better that NO money.
He’s doing this to keep that airport open because if it closes, his golf course will go under because that airport is how people get to him. It’s funny how his property goes from $4 million in the hole to $3 million in the black and his sycophants defend him as if their own lives depended on it. It’s illegal.

Also too, the troops are complaining that their daily stipend doesn’t cover the cost of food and drink at Trump’s resort. So they are going hungry so that Dear Leader can line his pockets. It’s obscene

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
no, you stopped at the first fact you could not handle, due to your snowflake tendencies. trump voters watch fox for the same reason- they do not want the truth, they want someone to tell them the goofy shit trump says and they believe is the truth.

What a dumb post.

Didnt vote for trump, dont watch fox.

Your hysterics are funny tho.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Mmmmmm. people on this do know that the Air Force is looking into this right?

WASHINGTON—The U.S. Air Force said the service was reviewing its travel-spending policies after an aircrew’s March stay at a Trump golf resort in Scotland intensified scrutiny over public funds being spent in hotels and resorts tied to the president.

Brig. Gen. Edward Thomas said in a statement Sunday that the trip fell within “guidelines associated with selecting stopover airports on travel routes and hotel accommodations,” but said the Air Force is now reviewing all guidance on the selection of airport and lodging accommodations during international trips.

“U.S. Service members lodging at resort accommodations, even if within government rates, might be allowable but not advisable,” he said. “We are not only stewards of American tax dollars but we represent our nation as we travel abroad.”
A crew of seven Air Force and Alaska Air National Guard members stayed at the Trump Turnberry golf resort en route to Kuwait for $136 a night, Brig. Gen. Thomas said. The hotel was dozens of miles away from Glasgow Prestwick Airport but was the closest available and cheapest option within the $166-per-day maximum allowable hotel rates, he added

Air Force Reviews Travel Policies Amid Scrutiny Over Trump Resort

And the fact the Trump's "deal" with Scottland was not voided after he became POTUS is, again, NOT NORMAL

So it is allowed and was the cheaper option.

Got it.

/thread

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
that is why trump won't release his taxes, despite his many promises to do so. maybe they do not show "cheating," but they probably show how indebted he is to Saudis and Russians and how little actual wealth he has. why do trump voters not care if he lies to them all the time?

Thats why? U sure bout that? Evidence?