Al Franken Says He 'Absolutely' Regrets Resigning Amid Sexual Misconduct Claims

Mar 2019
Rolling on floor laughing at libtards
In a New Yorker profile published Monday, Al Franken said he “absolutely” regrets resigning from the U.S. Senate last year after his fellow Democrats pressured him to do so in response to several sexual misconduct allegations.
The former Minnesota lawmaker told The New Yorker’s Jane Mayer that he now wishes he had appeared before a Senate Ethics Committee hearing about the accusations, as he had requested, instead of resigning.
The 68-year-old former “Saturday Night Live” cast member told Mayer that he regrets having made some women uncomfortable, but pushed back on how his actions were characterized by his eight accusers.
“The idea that anybody who accuses someone of something is always right ― that’s not the case,” Franken said. “That isn’t reality.”

Al Franken Says He 'Absolutely' Regrets Resigning Amid Sexual Misconduct Claims

Seriously Al?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Wow! Jane Mayer found a victim that she doesn't believe? I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the man she's accusing it a liberal Democrat.
Jane Mayer is such a hack. She wrote a hit piece on Kavanaugh that was full of uncertain and unsubstantiated allegations. She tries to provide character witnesses for what a family man Franken is and how morally upright while there is photographic evidence against him. Where were all the character witnesses for Kavanaugh in her little hit piece on him?
Remember how Franken tried to take down Don Willett over bacon jokes? And look at what Franken's excuse was for the sexual assault photo. "It was a joke!" I guarantee if any Republican judge nominee came before him and had a picture like that surface, Franken would been first in line to be on the firing squad.
Mayer is a dishonest partisan reporter and should never be trusted.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The Senate Ethics committee has investigated over 60 complaints since 2007 and sanctioned exactly 0 Senators. No wonder Franken was so eager to go before them. He wasn't willing to go before the Ethics Committee because he wanted them to hold him accountable. He was willing because he knew they wouldn't.

Last edited:

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Al, you may regret resigning, but you did the country a favor. You didn't do anything good while in office, so stay where you are, and keep your hands off of women.
The whole thing was a big game. The reason Democrats were so willing to throw Franken under the bus was because they knew the governor of Minnesota would appoint another Democrat to replace him and they knew that Franken's resignation would give them standing to criticize Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate race that year. If they thought it would cost them any power they'd have hung on to Franken. Which is why Northam and Fairfax in Virginia haven't gone anywhere.

Nov 2018
Maryland
The whole thing was a big game. The reason Democrats were so willing to throw Franken under the bus was because they knew the governor of Minnesota would appoint another Democrat to replace him and they knew that Franken's resignation would give them standing to criticize Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate race that year. If they thought it would cost them any power they'd have hung on to Franken. Which is why Northam and Fairfax in Virginia haven't gone anywhere.

Good observation.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Here was Jane Mayer's standard of evidence with Deborah Ramirez the Kavanaugh accuser that no one else would run with until the New Yorker did. It was Ramirez telling her some guy at a party in college took his dick out while she was sleeping but she wasn't even sure who it was until talking to a Democrat lawyer years later and that she was pretty sure it was Brett Kavanaugh. The one corroborating witness was someone who claimed they remember being told about it by someone else, who said they didn't remember the incident. Which is a lot lower a standard than she had with Franken here. She's perfectly happy to ignore photographic evidence to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Ironically, Mayer set out to destroy Kavanaugh but ended up destroying Ronan Farrow's reputation.

Last edited:

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
I can't disagree. This new story leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I believe Brett Kavanaugh did wrong and shouldn't be on the high court.

Yet this unnecessary, revisionist reporting by Mayer puts her findings on Kavanaugh into question.

I believe Kavanaugh and Franken have both behaved as men accustomed to getting their way who are mad they got caught.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I can't disagree. This new story leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I believe Brett Kavanaugh did wrong and shouldn't be on the high court.

Yet this unnecessary, revisionist reporting by Mayer puts her findings on Kavanaugh into question.

I believe Kavanaugh and Franken have both behaved as men accustomed to getting their way who are mad they got caught.
It's just another nail in the coffin of "Jane Mayer is a serious journalist". I'm just mad that she took Ronan Farrow down with her.