Al Franken Says He 'Absolutely' Regrets Resigning Amid Sexual Misconduct Claims

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
It's just another nail in the coffin of "Jane Mayer is a serious journalist". I'm just mad that she took Ronan Farrow down with her.
Oh I think Farrow will be just fine. His legacy is established. Mayer will retain a following too, but I won't be part of it.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Poor Al ....

He got thrown under the bus by his own party in an effort to ensnare Trump in some #metoo BS.

Of course it didn’t work.

All that happened is Ol’ Al got ousted.

I said at the time that he should have told Nanny Pelosi to go pound sand

May 2019
midwest
And to think Kristen of is it Kirsten what's her name thought this would propel her presidential ambitions. HA!
:cool:

CtC

Mar 2019
California
In a New Yorker profile published Monday, Al Franken said he “absolutely” regrets resigning from the U.S. Senate last year after his fellow Democrats pressured him to do so in response to several sexual misconduct allegations.
The former Minnesota lawmaker told The New Yorker’s Jane Mayer that he now wishes he had appeared before a Senate Ethics Committee hearing about the accusations, as he had requested, instead of resigning.
The 68-year-old former “Saturday Night Live” cast member told Mayer that he regrets having made some women uncomfortable, but pushed back on how his actions were characterized by his eight accusers.
“The idea that anybody who accuses someone of something is always right ― that’s not the case,” Franken said. “That isn’t reality.”

Al Franken Says He 'Absolutely' Regrets Resigning Amid Sexual Misconduct Claims

Seriously Al?
Franken was a filthy PIG. As a Senator. As a Comic.He once made "Jokes" about raping Leslie Stahl. What is funny about that? Groping a woman while SLEEPING? And he was one of the biggest critics about Trump TALKING some trash. And every MAN here ,unless they are hypocrites , have talked the same way in the past. Anyone who denies this ,LIES. See anything "funny" about this picture? I sure don't.

Reactions: all9Yards

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Al, you may regret resigning, but you did the country a favor. You didn't do anything good while in office, so stay where you are, and keep your hands off of women.
Ya know ,he was the only member of the Original SNL cast who was NOT funny.