Alabama’s GOP wants Ilhan Omar expelled from Congress

Mar 2019
Texas
The Alabama GOP supported a resolution calling on Alabama congressional members to expel Rep. Ilhan Omar from congress in its summer session on Saturday. The legislators argued that the resolution was justified under Article 1, Section 5 of the US Constitution, which allows congress to "punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member" and made several charges against the representative.

"Rep. Omar is ungrateful to the United States and the opportunities that have been afforded to her. Anyone that holds contempt for America ought not serve this great nation as a member of Congress," said Alabama State Rep. Tommy Hanes, who proposed the resolution, in a statement to Fox News.

Alabama GOP calls to expel Rep. Ilhan Omar from Congress

Kick her treasonous lying butt out!

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
What stupidity. Number one, Republicans do not control the congress, number two, states don't get to tell other states what to do with their congressional delegation and number three, Alabama? Seriously? Maybe California's state legislature could tell their delegation to kick out Louie Gohmert, claiming he is the dumbest congressman to ever serve and therefore deserves to be kicked out.

Jul 2014
midwest
What stupidity. Number one, Republicans do not control the congress, number two, states don't get to tell other states what to do with their congressional delegation and number three, Alabama? Seriously? Maybe California's state legislature could tell their delegation to kick out Louie Gohmert, claiming he is the dumbest congressman to ever serve and therefore deserves to be kicked out.
Methinks you are confused.

L Gohmert is not from Alabama.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
But she's an uppity brown woman in their eyes, and that's justification enough for them.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Methinks you are confused.

L Gohmert is not from Alabama.
Why does it need to be a congress person from Alabama? We are going to have random state legislatures call out random congress people from other states to be expelled. So any state calls out any congressperson, and we will all have fun watching it happen. Do I need to use sarcasm emojis for you here?

Jul 2014
midwest
Why does it need to be a congress person from Alabama? We are going to have random state legislatures call out random congress people from other states to be expelled. So any state calls out any congressperson, and we will all have fun watching it happen. Do I need to use sarcasm emojis for you here?
Just sounded as though you needed to be reminded that Gohmert is not from Alabama.

Thought maybe you were having a "Senior Moment".

It's all good, cause now you know...

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Just sounded as though you needed to be reminded that Gohmert is not from Alabama.

Thought maybe you were having a "Senior Moment".

It's all good, cause now you know...
I have always known, and no, I didn't have a senior moment, although I find that occasionally happening now and then.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Don't confuse the poor lefties with details.

They need to get angry about something and damn the facts!
What facts? I never claimed Gohmert was from Alabama, in fact I deliberately picked someone from a different state, because my point was to illustrate the stupidity and ridiculousness of the OP.

Reactions: HadEnough2