Alabama state Senate passes near total abortion ban in direct challenge to Roe v. Wade

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Calm down. You are losing it right now. I love my wife. And so do most men in this country.
We shouldn't be frightened of you taking away our rights. What about the women who don't marry and don't want children?
Calm down. You are losing it right now. I love my wife. And so do most men in this country.
I'm supposed to just let these laws happen and not worry about it because we can trust men? It is to laugh.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
We shouldn't be frightened of you taking away our rights. What about the women who don't marry and don't want children?

I'm supposed to just let these laws happen and not worry about it because we can trust men? It is to laugh.
Look, if you don't want kids, don't have sex.

If you have sex, you might have kids.

You don't have to trust a man. That's your decision. And to trust one, you gotta find a good man.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Word would get around if my friends were beating their pregnant wives.

The women would be talking about it
No woman really talks about it because they are ashamed. They hide in the house until the bruises fade. If they can't support themselves, they take the beatings because they are stuck. A man that abuses his wife is secretive....it could be your own relative and you would not know a thing about it.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I don't know of anyone that beats their pregnant wife. I'd imagine that marriage wouldn't last too long after that.
You are one of the most unempathetic people I've ever run across. You assume life for everyone is just like it is for you. And you don't know what happens behind closed doors. Sometimes women already have other kids are dependent on the man to support them. Leaving him doesn't necessarily solve the problem. Getting child support from many men is worse than pulling teeth. That's why we've talked about why it's important for women to be able to support themselves without the help of a man.

Reactions: Blueneck and HCProf
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
That must be why so many men beat their pregnant wives.
Some types of demented males will try to beat up on pregnant females. Even women that aren't showing yet. It's uncanny.
I remember one constantly trying to stalk and ambush a nurse on one of my units. She had worked there for three years but once she was pregnant she was on his radar. He cornered her and hit her belly a couple of times before we could get him off her. We finally had to put a warning in the chart of this guy who normally wouldn't hurt a fly. And the nurse was sent to another unit for the duration of her term.

Then later, on another unit with higher functioning but non violent patients, the same thing happen to a pregnant aide by another male patient. Only she miscarried because she was beat up pretty badly. I didn't even know she was pregnant at the time. But the aide had reported several times previous the patient stalking her and pointing to her belly. Then one day he got her cornered and let loose. This patient also had no previous history of violence.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
No woman really talks about it because they are ashamed. They hide in the house until the bruises fade. If they can't support themselves, they take the beatings because they are stuck. A man that abuses his wife is secretive....it could be your own relative and you would not know a thing about it.
I know there are wifebeaters out there. I just don't know of any. And I'm pretty sure none of my close friends is one.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I don't know of anyone that beats their pregnant wife. I'd imagine that marriage wouldn't last too long after that.
You have no idea what abused women will tolerate, often because their husbands threaten to kill them if they leave. I was in that situation once, my husband and I lived in Germany and I couldn't just leave. So I spent a year and half getting beat up regularly until I was back in LA and had a support system to run to.

Thankfully I never got pregnant, because the Army provided free medical, including birth control to wives. If men like you had their way I suppose that would be a thing of the past too. I can't imagine having a kid by such a violent person and being tied to him for the rest of my life.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Look, if you don't want kids, don't have sex.

If you have sex, you might have kids.

You don't have to trust a man. That's your decision. And to trust one, you gotta find a good man.
Never in human history has abstinence EVER worked in any numbers. Humans are built for sex. So let's make sure plenty of free contraception is available to everyone and let's make sure everyone gets all kinds of sex education.

Reactions: Blueneck and labrea