Alabama state Senate passes near total abortion ban in direct challenge to Roe v. Wade

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Ian is not making your point. You need to reread what he said and maybe think about it. He is absolutely correct.
Yes. He is.

And the fact that he is correct IS THE POINT!!!

What you both want to deny is that it is the same coin, you look at heads and say "that is good" you look at the tails and say "that's a whole different coin"

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Only because you are making things up instead of recognizing reality.

I have articulated no conspiracy theory, or even conspiracy. I have only identified dishonesty on the part of some abortion opponents who pretend they do not want a total abortion ban - at least, until they vote for it.

I have told no lie. There are regulations on guns that can be enacted without violating the Constitution or anyone's individual rights. There are also possible regulations that do not fit those criteria, and would be impermissible - e.g., a total ban would be unconstitutional. You are deliberately drawing a false equivalence between unrelated issues.

Omg... you are so brainwashed.

The conspiracy theory is that ANYONE IS TRYING TO BAN X.

Any cursory examination of proposals relating to X is about an all out ban. However, those same people turn to those who would oppose banning X by telling them "that is a conspiracy theory, nobody has ever talked about banning X, they merely want common sense controls over X".

What is funny is that when x = abortion, the propaganda is obvious to you.

When x = guns, you seem to buy into the propaganda and fail to notice the hypocrisy.

It's funny, but starting to reach the point of being sad.

Oct 2013
USA
Yes. He is.

And the fact that he is correct IS THE POINT!!!

What you both want to deny is that it is the same coin, you look at heads and say "that is good" you look at the tails and say "that's a whole different coin"
When you are correct I have no problem agreeing with you. In this case you're just wrong. The post you answered was factual and your answer wasn't.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Omg... you are so brainwashed.

The conspiracy theory is that ANYONE IS TRYING TO BAN X.

Any cursory examination of proposals relating to X is about an all out ban. However, those same people turn to those who would oppose banning X by telling them "that is a conspiracy theory, nobody has ever talked about banning X, they merely want common sense controls over X".

What is funny is that when x = abortion, the propaganda is obvious to you.

When x = guns, you seem to buy into the propaganda and fail to notice the hypocrisy.

It's funny, but starting to reach the point of being sad.
In a way,he is right. Abortion is murder most foul. Yes.There ARE some of us ,women included,who think taking a life is indeed MURDER! I will not sit on the fence here. Maybe we need SOME morals of the 1950's back. And young women should learn to say NO. Believe it or not ,the guys could stand it then. They can learn to stand it now.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
When you are correct I have no problem agreeing with you. In this case you're just wrong. The post you answered was factual and your answer wasn't.
How am I wrong? You guys love just saying "you're wrong" but so rarely are you guys capable of articulating.

The problem is that you have been so heavily propagandized that you actually seem to believe one version is literal and the other is not.... but it's the same thing. The only difference is what is desired to be controlled.

Oct 2013
USA
How am I wrong? You guys love just saying "you're wrong" but so rarely are you guys capable of articulating.

The problem is that you have been so heavily propagandized that you actually seem to believe one version is literal and the other is not.... but it's the same thing. The only difference is what is desired to be controlled.
You started by saying: "EXACTLY the point as to how this covers the gun debate too... they know "common sense controls" means "all out ban"."

Ian pointed out this: "Except that it does not mean that. Anti-abortionists do actually want to ban all abortions, by definition. Always have. Gun control is not the same as gun-banning, and you saying so does not make it so."

Your answer to him of: " Lmao... you keep making my point while trying to deny you get the point."

That last answer to Ian did not address the facts he relayed to you and he didn't prove your point . Ian was correct and you were not. Where I suspect you are drawing a blank is you don't really believe that calling for common sense gun control just means common sense gun control, not removal of all guns or the right of choice. On abortion: The anti-choice group is the only example where they are calling for women to completely lose their right of choice.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
You started by saying: "EXACTLY the point as to how this covers the gun debate too... they know "common sense controls" means "all out ban"."

Ian pointed out this: "Except that it does not mean that. Anti-abortionists do actually want to ban all abortions, by definition. Always have. Gun control is not the same as gun-banning, and you saying so does not make it so."

Your answer to him of: " Lmao... you keep making my point while trying to deny you get the point."

That last answer to Ian did not address the facts he relayed to you and he didn't prove your point . Ian was correct and you were not. Where I suspect you are drawing a blank is you don't really believe that calling for common sense gun control just means common sense gun control, not removal of all guns or the right of choice. On abortion: The anti-choice group is the only example where they are calling for women to completely lose their right of choice.
So, because you said so...