Alabama's abortion ban: The US should follow Carthage.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Your question was a loaded question, I don't accept the premise of it, reword it so it's accurate and I'll give you an answer.
What makes the presence of nerve activity in what you are calling "the brain" so special? Admittedly, that's not much different than the first time I asked.

How was it a loaded question?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
What makes the presence of nerve activity in what you are calling "the brain" so special? Admittedly, that's not much different than the first time I asked.

How was it a loaded question?

Because that's not what my link stated, Are you calling the fetal brain at 8-10 weeks "nerves"?

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
So to you, it's a parasite. admit it.

You don't care about the science and choose to remain ignorant simply for your politics.

""During weeks 8 to 10, the cerebrum begins its development in earnest. Neurons proliferate and begin their migration throughout the brain. The anterior commissure, which is the first interhemispheric connection (a small one), also develops. Reflexes appear for the first time during this period. " "

An ant is a life, albiet not nearly as developed as the human fetus after 8 weeks, why won't you adress the science. You are ok with terminating a life for convenience... science be damned.

Thanks for admitting you are killing a life. Baby steps (no pun intended) . ;)
Vast majority of those who get aborts don't do so for "convenience". They have far more serious reasons, usually. Just like nobody goes for a surgery just for fun (aside from boob jobs, maybe lol) You are being arrogantly ignorant or ignorantly arrogant here, either way...

Dec 2015
SoCal
Oh, babba, always getting emotional and hysterical.... let me explain to you so you don't lie about me.....

I am against abortion after 8 weeks due to scientific reasons. at 8 weeks we see brain activity, That's life. Either we as a society value life or don't. That said I don't think we can end abortion after this point via legislation nor would I support it. We would have to change the culture.

Someday we will as a society reject the barbaric procedure and view it through scientific lenses not emotional, you activists are no different than the religious....
I thought you were a Libertarian.

Reactions: Panzareta

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I disagree seems at least 75% of the time that is the exact reason.

Why do women have abortions? - PubMed - NCBI

View attachment 24055
I would disagree that "dramatically change my life" is same as "personal convenience".

Not everyone can or should or ought to be a parent, dude, not everyone is ready for such a huge responsibility. I can tell you I have felt that way at times. My wife, fortunately, is much stronger than I am, as far as that goes.

But, what if you are a woman, on your own, no husband, who never planned to become a mother, are between jobs (and are not, I mean, financially able, at this moment, to actually support a child, a family of your own), and you suddenly become pregnant from some one night stand?

I remember once, my grandma, when she was still alive, told me about how women, including friends of hers, got rid of unwanted babies in Soviet Union under Stalin, in the 1940s and 50s, when abortion was illegal there under penalty of execution for the doctor. There were illegal underground dungeons, essentially, where mostly unprofessional, unlicensed, uneducated charlatans did stuff to those girls that would make many modern horror films look tame...

Women today, including in Russia, thank God, are blessed, to be able to get this very necessary, at times, procedure, in a safe, clean environment, overseen by competent, professional medical staff.

Not, however, in my own old homeland, Abkhazia, and it is now literally killing some women there, as I wrote here: For those who demand bans on abortion

:(

Making laws based on pseudo-righteous morality never ends well for anyone, my friend...