Alabama's Roy Moore says whole communities in Midwest are under Sharia law

Feb 2007
In my mind
How did I miss this gem? There is a special place in my heart for Christians who are seemingly insane and willing to say the most ridiculously untrue thing in order to pander to other Christians.

Enter Roy Moore, the 10 Commandment judge.

Or should I say 9, because he sure seems to ignore the 9th commandment, the one about not bearing false witness.

Because bearing false witness is exactly what he did, making the specious, derogatory, untrue, and insane claim that there are entire communities in this o****ry under Shariah law.

Amazingly, amazingly, Moore had either the testicles or stupidity to claim that we do not mix religion and law, which is exactly how he got himself booted off the Alabama Supreme Court.

Alabama's Roy Moore says whole communities in Midwest are under Sharia law | PolitiFact

Moore made his comments during a campaign stop to meet with members of the pro-gun group BamaCarry Inc. There, reporter Jeff Stein of the website Vox.com asked him, "Some right-wing conservatives think Sharia law is a danger to America -- do you?"

Moore responded, "There are communities under Sharia law right now in our country. Up in Illinois. Christian communities; I don’t know if they may be Muslim communities. But Sharia law is a little different from American law. It is founded on religious concepts."

Stein pressed Moore to name the communities under Sharia law. He responded, "Well, there’s Sharia law, as I understand it, in Illinois, Indiana -- up there. I don't know."

Later in the interview, Stein tried again, asking Moore to be specific and name which communities he was referring to. Moore said, "I was informed that there were. But if they’re not, it doesn’t matter. Sharia law incorporates Muslim law into the law. That’s not what we do. We do not punish people according to the Christian precepts of our faith -- so there’s a difference."

Nov 2013
None of your business
How did I miss this gem? There is a special place in my heart for Christians who are seemingly insane and willing to say the most ridiculously untrue thing in order to pander to other Christians.

Or should I say 9, because he sure seems to ignore the 9th commandment, the one about not bearing false witness.

Because bearing false witness is exactly what he did, making the specious, derogatory, untrue, and insane claim that there are entire communities in this o****ry under Shariah law.

Amazingly, amazingly, Moore had either the testicles or stupidity to claim that we do not mix religion and law, which is exactly how he got himself booted off the Alabama Supreme Court.

Alabama's Roy Moore says whole communities in Midwest are under Sharia law | PolitiFact

Moore made his comments during a campaign stop to meet with members of the pro-gun group BamaCarry Inc. There, reporter Jeff Stein of the website Vox.com asked him, "Some right-wing conservatives think Sharia law is a danger to America -- do you?"

Moore responded, "There are communities under Sharia law right now in our country. Up in Illinois. Christian communities; I don’t know if they may be Muslim communities. But Sharia law is a little different from American law. It is founded on religious concepts."

Stein pressed Moore to name the communities under Sharia law. He responded, "Well, there’s Sharia law, as I understand it, in Illinois, Indiana -- up there. I don't know."

Later in the interview, Stein tried again, asking Moore to be specific and name which communities he was referring to. Moore said, "I was informed that there were. But if they’re not, it doesn’t matter. Sharia law incorporates Muslim law into the law. That’s not what we do. We do not punish people according to the Christian precepts of our faith -- so there’s a difference."
Man, this guy is really selling the crazy isn't he?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

"I was told it was so. If it isn't, it doesn't matter. I still think we should carry on as if it is, because paranoia."

Really deep thinker, this guy.

*Rolls eyes*