Alan Dershowitz

May 2019
Backatown, USA
- defended Claus von Bulow against murder charges
- defended O.J. Simpson against murder charges
- defended Jeffrey Epstein against pedophilia and sex abuse charges
- is a vocal defender of Donald Trump
(also he has been accused of raping Virginia Roberts at Epstein's house when she was underage, but she appears to have some credibility problems.)

Heckuva guy, that Dershowitz.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
A charge is not equal to a conviction. In which of those cases did the jury find the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt?

Jun 2019
A red welfare state
(also he has been accused of raping Virginia Roberts at Epstein's house when she was underage, but she appears to have some credibility problems.)

I watched a video of him yesterday talking about getting a message out at Epstein's place. He said he didn't remove his underwear during the message. Does that mean he removed them right after? Not sure.

It was enough to make me sick.

Dershowitz: 'I Kept My Underwear On' During Massage At Epstein's Mansion

raj

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Dershowitz is one sick puppy.

Not 100 percent sure, but I believe he started losing his mind after 9-11...sort of like Dennis Miller, who lost all vestiges of his comedic talent as a result of the attack.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC

Dershowitz is a very good lawyer. His success is a result of that talent.

Like and respect the guy. Love to hear his opinions/perspective when legal questions arise in high profile cases.

If lawyers insisted on only representing clients they felt were innocent it would be a pretty fucked up system.

May 2019
Backatown, USA
Dershowitz is a very good lawyer. His success is a result of that talent.

Like and respect the guy. Love to hear his opinions/perspective when legal questions arise in high profile cases.

If lawyers insisted on only representing clients they felt were innocent it would be a pretty fucked up system.

No question about his legal skills. But he chooses to defend rich people who really do belong behind bars.
Claus von Bulow was convicted of attempting to murder his socialite wife. Dershowitz got him off on a technicality.
Do you know anybody that thinks that OJ Simpson didn't murder Nicole? Simpson would eventually be found guilty in a civil trial, but Dershowitz helped him go free.
And Epstein: Dershowitz -who apparently is friends with Epstein - was in there negotiating his disgustingly light sentence, and making sure that the dozens of underage victims never got to say their piece in court.

Dershowitz is scum in my book because of the people he chooses to represent. My idea of admirable lawyers are people like Bryan Stevenson or the Innocence Project folks - lawyers who use their legal skills to seek justice for people who have been wrongly imprisoned.

True Justice: Bryan Stevenson's Fight for Equality

Last edited:

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
[Dershowitz] chooses to defend rich people who really do belong behind bars.
How do you know?
Claus von Bulow was convicted of attempting to murder his socialite wife. Dershowitz got him off on a technicality.
That makes no sense. His convictions were reversed on appeal, and he got another trial at which he was found not guilty. The reasons for the reversals had to do with perjured and recanted testimony - hardly "technicalities." In fact, the whole idea of people "getting off on technicalities" is pretty much horsehockey.
Do you know anybody that thinks that OJ Simpson didn't murder Nicole? Simpson would eventually be found guilty in a civil trial, but Dershowitz helped him go free.
Um, no. One is not found "guilty" at a civil trial; that term applies solely to criminal trials, where the standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt." The standard at a civil trial is merely "by a preponderance of the evidence," a substantially easier standard.
Dershowitz is scum in my book because of the people he chooses to represent.
This is a circular argument. You are assuming people are guilty, then disparaging the lawyer whose work demonstrated they were not. Furthermore, you are also arguing that people are not entitled to a defense if you think they did it - rather like the people who argue (yes, I've seen this on FB) that people should not get due process if "their guilt is obvious," an attitude that displays a complete denigration of the Constitution and the basic hallmarks of a free society.

May 2019
Backatown, USA
How do you know?

That makes no sense. His convictions were reversed on appeal, and he got another trial at which he was found not guilty. The reasons for the reversals had to do with perjured and recanted testimony - hardly "technicalities." In fact, the whole idea of people "getting off on technicalities" is pretty much horsehockey.

Um, no. One is not found "guilty" at a civil trial; that term applies solely to criminal trials, where the standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt." The standard at a civil trial is merely "by a preponderance of the evidence," a substantially easier standard.

This is a circular argument. You are assuming people are guilty, then disparaging the lawyer whose work demonstrated they were not. Furthermore, you are also arguing that people are not entitled to a defense if you think they did it - rather like the people who argue (yes, I've seen this on FB) that people should not get due process if "their guilt is obvious," an attitude that displays a complete denigration of the Constitution and the basic hallmarks of a free society.

You're right, von Bulow's second trial brought a not guilty verdict. But he was sued by his stepchildren for attempting to kill their mother, and he agreed to give up any claim to Sunny's money and to leave the country. I read that as an admission of guilt.
A civil jury found O.J. Simpson liable for $33 million in damages to the families of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, which means that they concluded that he committed the murders.
Jeffrey Epstein - what Dershowitz and the other lawyers did to the 30+ underage victims was beyond disgusting.

For a bonus, Dershowitz is currently defending Harvey Weinstein against sex trafficking charges.

Yeah, great lawyer, who keeps the worst of the worst rich people from paying for their crimes.