Alaska Town rooting for Mayor after attack

Apr 2011
Under your skin

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — The honorary mayor of a tiny Alaska town is noticeably absent this week, when he should be hanging out at the general store or sipping his water-catnip concoctions from a wine glass at the pub next door.
Instead, Stubbs the cat is sedated and under veterinary care after he was badly injured in a vicious dog attack in Talkeetna, a quirky community of 900 that elected him in a write-in campaign 15 years ago. Talkeetna has no human mayor, so you could say 16-year-old Stubbs is the reigning leader — of the feline sort, anyway.

Alaska town roots for feline mayor attacked by dog

Poor Stubbs. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Apr 2012
East coast USA
Mayor Stubbs was viscously attacked by an unknown assailant. Investigation is continuing.

I'm rootin for ya Mayor, get well soon.

Apr 2012
East coast USA
What would you do in case you were attacked by a monkey ?

The best thing to do is place an object between you and the monkey.

Like a door.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
They should do like Russia: every mayor and governor has a bunch of armed bodyguards with him, always

:D

Were that kitty mayor of Narofominsk or Uryupinsk or such place, that dog who tried to mess with him would be shot dead upon approach ;)

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Come on, now.

That cat's not the town Mayor.

He's the town Meowyer......

(Hope he does well, though. Looks just like the fat hunter I have at home. Same look of deep concern and worry in his face, too, LOL!)

Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
They should do like Russia: every mayor and governor has a bunch of armed bodyguards with him, always

:D

Were that kitty mayor of Narofominsk or Uryupinsk or such place, that dog who tried to mess with him would be shot dead upon approach ;)
Is that a i9mm umbrella the guy in top pic has ?