Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Possibly. But there have been others who really didnt. Bernie Sanders comes to mind. He has always spoke his mind and took on anyone. Since she has said he was the reason for her getting into politics and will be her mentor, I dont expect her to really settle down. The younger kids love her so why would she?
I didn't mean her politics would change. I doubt that will ever happen. I meant that she would eventually quit taking on all comers as she appears to be enjoying doing that at the moment. I think she knows she makes the conservos lose their minds and she's simply feeding into it.

Jul 2014
midwest
That part doesn't bother me as they all stand for something. I'm only talking about the non-stop need to fight with anyone who is rude. In politics, rude remarks from the opposition are to be expected but some are more important than others.
So, you don't know which party she'll be helping in the future?

Lots of people say she will help the Repubs more than the Dems.

Because of her extreme views and inexperience and penchant for saying stupid stuff.

But, maybe Momma Pelosi will make sure she matures quickly...

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I didn't mean her politics would change. I doubt that will ever happen. I meant that she would eventually quit taking on all comers as she appears to be enjoying doing that at the moment. I think she knows she makes the conservos lose their minds and she's simply feeding into it.
Possibly but she is young and I imagine social media plays a lot into it. She had only won her primary and did all the late night network tv shows. That doesnt happen. Her following is huge and most dont even live in her district. She has a huge Twitter following now with college kids so I think they will continue to feed into that. Instead of her changing, I do think she is more going to be the norm for politicians in the future. We are just used to older more mature ones but its easy to forget she is only 29 years old. Many at that age are still living home with their parents and she is a US house rep.

Oct 2013
USA
What are we supposed to be lamenting? That she responds to people? Which responses are you embarrassed about?

I haven't kept up with what she's said, but at the same time, I haven't heard it make the news that much since she's been elected and I live pretty close to NYC.

Is there a specific comment she made that is causing you to wring your hands? Sorry, but the thread seems awful vague to me.
You can look it up. I didn't say she embarrassed me. I said she is exhausting. I'd like to see her let some of this go and save it for important issues rather than feeling the need to fight back every time some nobody baits her. Right now she is being played. Trump does the same thing when he fights back over every remark he doesn't like. It can be tiring.

Oct 2013
USA
So, you don't know which party she'll be helping in the future?

Lots of people say she will help the Repubs more than the Dems.

Because of her extreme views and inexperience and penchant for saying stupid stuff.

But, maybe Momma Pelosi will make sure she matures quickly...
I figure she is representing her district so that is no concern to me. I doubt that in her district it will help the republicans. Hopefully time will mellow her so she won't be baited into thinking she has to answer everyone baiting her.

Oct 2013
USA
I have mixed feelings about her, tbh. I love her idealism and no-holds-barred approach, and I sort of wish more Democrats shared her level of enthusiasm.

OTOH, she is a little drunk with power ATM. LOL. I think she'll eventually settle down and be a good legislator. Either way, I think she's representative of the new breed of politician. And suffice it to say, I certainly prefer her style to the so-called Republican "firebrands" (or bomb throwers, which is probably a more appropriate way of describing them), like that nutcase Jim Jordan.
I'd be drunk with power initially myself. Lol

That is my hope that she settles down. Many of these people baiting her are not worth answering and to me it just feeds on itself. If they get her to respond on everything they will keep doing it.

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
I'd be drunk with power initially myself. Lol

That is my hope that she settles down. Many of these people baiting her are not worth answering and to me it just feeds on itself. If they get her to respond on everything they will keep doing it.

I think she'll eventually learn to pick and choose her battles. She's just enjoying her victory lap now, and letting the opposition know they won't go on unchallenged. And that's a good thing, IMO.