All 2020 democrats, except Warren, beat Trump in NH

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
Odd about Warren.

Every 2020 Democratic presidential candidate but Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) beat President Trump in New Hampshire in a poll released Tuesday.

In theoretical match-ups, Emerson Polling found that all of the Democratic candidates won out over Trump except for Warren, with former Vice President Joe Biden leading. With a 10-point lead, Biden earned the votes of 55 percent of participants.

Tech entrepreneur Andrew Yang was the runner-up against the president, winning 54 percent of voters in a head-to-head race. Yang has struggled to gain traction in the polls and has single-digit support in most surveys. “It is interesting to see Yang outperform his Democratic rivals against Trump. In this case, his lower name recognition may allow voters to idealize his candidacy,” Emerson Polling Director Spencer Kimball said in a statement.

Warren, on the other hand, earned 49 percent of the vote, compared to Trump's 51 percent.

Poll: All 2020 Democrats but Warren beat Trump in New Hampshire
RE: Warren.
Is it a chick thing?
It seems so esp considering the Yang factor.
It's worrisome. I was chatting with my neighbor about the women candidates and Warren in particular. We both admitted to having semi-misogynous mothers. My mother loathes Hillary, which might not be telling in and of itself (like, pick a number, lady..) but then Warren came up and the same things she seethed over with HRC were peppered in her criticisms of Warren. My neighbor reported her mom was the same way. I think there are women who for whatever reason don't like strong women. I'm sure there's some sort of study out there to explain this dynamic or at least quantify it.
It's too bad. Warren is a far better campaigner than HRC, and better at connecting with peeps but she still has a built-in gender deficit?

May 2019
West Haven
Its weird but some are more concerned over losing Warrens senate seat. MA has a GOP governor that will put an R in there temporarily until the special election. Originally there was hope Kennedy could run for that seat but not it looks like he might primary Markey. So I think there is some worry.
As blue as Massachusetts is if Baker wants to return as Governor he might have to buck the National Republican party and replace Warren with a Democrat. Just saying it is a possibility.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
RE: Warren.
Is it a chick thing?
It seems so esp considering the Yang factor.
It's worrisome. I was chatting with my neighbor about the women candidates and Warren in particular. We both admitted to having semi-misogynous mothers. My mother loathes Hillary, which might not be telling in and of itself (like, pick a number, lady..) but then Warren came up and the same things she seethed over with HRC were peppered in her criticisms of Warren. My neighbor reported her mom was the same way. I think there are women who for whatever reason don't like strong women. I'm sure there's some sort of study out there to explain this dynamic or at least quantify it.
It's too bad. Warren is a far better campaigner than HRC, and better at connecting with peeps but she still has a built-in gender deficit?
Women are always harder on other women than even men. Its always been this way. I have heard some refer to it as the "daddy's girl effect." They have some subconscious part where they will give men (or boys) slack but are harder with women or girls. There also have been studies and many women prefer male bosses to females.

Why Women Prefer Male Bosses

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
Women are always harder on other women than even men. Its always been this way. I have heard some refer to it as the "daddy's girl effect." They have some subconscious part where they will give men (or boys) slack but are harder with women or girls. There also have been studies and many women prefer male bosses to females.

Why Women Prefer Male Bosses
Honestly if I think about it I preferred male staff to females for some the reasons stated. I think I was fair nonetheless, but it might be telling that I have very few holdover female friends from my overseer days while I keep in touch with the majority of males.... Yikes.

Feb 2011
New York
Also Warren isnt leading in her home state either. Another oddity.

Why isn’t Elizabeth Warren more popular in Massachusetts?
From the link:

Despite Massachusetts’s liberal reputation as the home of heavyweights like former Sens. John Kerry and Ted Kennedy, it’s also home to a lot of moderate voters — like the ones who elected (and reelected) Gov. Baker.
“Obviously, there are a lot of Democrats in this state, but a lot of Democrats who aren’t necessarily super liberal,” said David Hopkins, a political science professor at Boston College.
The laundry list of complaints about Warren from moderate or right-leaning voters has always been some combination of her being too progressive, too nationally focused, and too ambitious. Some Massachusetts voters have long been convinced she’s using the Senate seat as a stepping stone to higher office.

If Warren is having this effect in Massachusetts with the moderates, how is she going to sell her politics on a national stage?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
From the link:

Despite Massachusetts’s liberal reputation as the home of heavyweights like former Sens. John Kerry and Ted Kennedy, it’s also home to a lot of moderate voters — like the ones who elected (and reelected) Gov. Baker.
“Obviously, there are a lot of Democrats in this state, but a lot of Democrats who aren’t necessarily super liberal,” said David Hopkins, a political science professor at Boston College.
The laundry list of complaints about Warren from moderate or right-leaning voters has always been some combination of her being too progressive, too nationally focused, and too ambitious. Some Massachusetts voters have long been convinced she’s using the Senate seat as a stepping stone to higher office.

If Warren is having this effect in Massachusetts with the moderates, how is she going to sell her politics on a national stage?
Thats why I think she will struggle if she gets the nomination. She is underwater with male voters and moderates. They may not like Trump either so it could come down to one of those situations where they go third party, write in someone or hold their nose and vote for Trump. It literally will matter what is happening right up until election day. If we recall Trump only had a 40% approval rate going into election day but managed to get 46% of the vote to win. Obviously he had both hidden support and some holding their noses.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
I don't see Liz Warren as having an attractive personality. I watch and hear her talk, and she doesn't seem likeable to me. Obama on the other hand was very charismatic and had a likeable personality. So in that way, she's like Hillary.