All of a sudden, Trump's in the military

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
President Trump is the Commander in Chief, so he's the head of the Armed Forces. The salute looks well executed too. I didn't see or read anything about the service for President GHW Bush yet, so this picture is the first thing I have seen from it. I wouldn't make this about Trump. Makes me feel sad that President Bush is gone. Of all the Presidents I remembered, he was my favorite.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/03/politics/trump-bush-political-unity/index.html

Despite antipathy between the Bush family and President Donald Trump, the 41st president made clear he wanted America's current leader to be at the funeral, putting the institution of the presidency above personal animosities.

Trump has confirmed he will attend the event, which follows a series of national disasters and tragedies and moments of public mourning that have caused critics to fault his behavior as short of that expected of a president.

To his credit, Trump canceled what was certain to be a contentious news conference at the G20 summit in Argentina on Saturday out of respect for Bush. He also sent one of the iconic blue-and-white 747 jets that serves as Air Force One when a president is aboard to Texas to carry Bush's casket.

'Special Air Mission 41': Bush's final flights on 'Air Force One'

"We'll be spending three days of mourning and three days of celebrating a really great man's life," Trump said in Argentina in a gracious tribute. "So we look forward to doing that, and he certainly deserves it. He really does. He was a very special person."

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
President Trump is the Commander in Chief, so he's the head of the Armed Forces. The salute looks well executed too.

It should be.

It's his "thing."

Oh, give the poor woman a break. After all, she’s married to the creep in chief.
Nope. She knew what she was getting.

Last edited: