All of a sudden, Trump's in the military

Jul 2015
Maryland USA
I understand that if President Trump were to turn water into wine, there would be those that would suggest that he is promoting alcoholism and harming the water supply and those on the other side would say see, he is the second coming. There are plenty of reasons to comment on the statements and actions of the President, but to complain about the CIC saluting a former President is just an obsessive need to find a reason to create an issue. Moreover, I find it disrespectful to the former President to create such an issue at his Memorial Service. There is an appropriate time and place for most things, such a service is not one of them.

Last edited:

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I critique Trump all the time. But it's not like everything he does from the moment he wakes until the moment he sleeps is all wrong. This is just silly. That Trump didn't serve does not change that in the present, he is or President and the head of our military. And President Bush wanted Trump at the service, because President Bush wanted to nudge the country towards healing its divisions. I think that it is worth a truce.

We can jump back into the food fight any time, but I am not personally going to in this thread, because that picture in OP is showing President Donald Trump honoring President George HW Bush, and there is nothing to critique about it, nor is it appropriate to lob insults at the Trumps over President Bush' body.

Apr 2007
Deep State
I critique Trump all the time. But it's not like everything he does from the moment he wakes until the moment he sleeps is all wrong. This is just silly. That Trump didn't serve does not change that in the present, he is or President and the head of our military. And President Bush wanted Trump at the service, because President Bush wanted to nudge the country towards healing its divisions. I think that it is worth a truce.

We can jump back into the food fight any time, but I am not personally going to in this thread, because that picture in OP is showing President Donald Trump honoring President George HW Bush, and there is nothing to critique about it, nor is it appropriate to lob insults at the Trumps over President Bush' body.

I'm just saying, I think a salute is inappropriate and some military sources concur.

Apr 2007
Deep State
I understand that if President Trump were to turn water into wine, there would be those that would suggest that he is promoting alcoholism and harming the water supply and those on the other side would say see, he is the second coming. There are plenty of reasons to comment on the statements and actions of the President, but to complain about the CIC saluting a former President is just an obsessive need to find a reason to create an issue. Moreover, I find it disrespectful to the former President to create such an issue at his Memorial Service. There is an appropriate time and place for most things, such a service is not one of them.
We aren't at the service. We're looking at a photo.

Jul 2016
DS9

Where were you when the forum conservatives were apoplectic over Trump's noninvite to McCains service and then proceeded to trash McCain?

This isn't a thread honoring Bush, this is a thread mocking him. Like when Trump mocked both McCain and Bush.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Where were you when the forum conservatives were apoplectic over Trump's noninvite to McCains service and then proceeded to trash McCain?

This isn't a thread honoring Bush, this is a thread mocking him. Like when Trump mocked both McCain and Bush.
I was probably in those threads, since I am a fan of McCain. Not sure what you want from me on that point.

All I see in OP is Trump properly saluting the body of President Bush, looking somber and respectful... and then reading silly comments that don't belong with that picture. Lots of presidents return salutes. I bet I can find pictures of all of the modern presidents doing it.