Allen West gets owned by Soledad O'brien

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
By MJ LEE | 1/31/12 8:05 AM EST

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), whose comment over the weekend directed at President Barack Obama and Democratic leaders in Congress to “get the hell out” of America sparked an uproar, defended his remarks Tuesday as he chided a CNN reporter for misrepresenting his words.

“I don’t get it. I mean, I don’t understand what you’re saying, you’re telling Obama and Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi to get out of the United States?” CNN’s Soledad O’Brien asked the Florida Republican.

Read more ( video available ): Allen West backpedals ?get the hell out? - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

Got to love it when a journalist does their job. This guy is a real piece of work. He's made numerous comments that are way out of the mainstream. Forever playing the victim this one. Whether it's whining about being called an "uncle tom" ( which is no surprise), or about critical remarks on his positions being made by Debbie Wasserman Schultz, it's always someone else at fault. He hates his own race, hates himself and, more seriously, seems to have a problem respecting women. He tries to belittle Soledad O'Brien and insults here intelligence and professionalism, claiming he didn't say what everyone heard him say. She played the clip. It wasn't taken out of context. He wasn't bein ambushed. Or anything like that. It was a simple question Mr. West.

This isn't the first time he's made these kinds of remarks...here he is at it again.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers, Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall ...media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”
So basically, West wants to live in an America where only those he agrees with are allowed to engage in freedom of speech. You don't have to have been shot at by the Taliban to have an opinion. We all get to speak our minds. If he feels so strongly that only those who have been shot out by the Taliban should be able to comment, why is his criticism focused on such a small group? Besides that, we as American's are collectively outraged when our soldiers are beheaded and gutted. No American defends that. Most stand by our brave men and women in harms way just as much as he does - if not more. West mistakes being disappointed and frustrated with wholesale rejections of our troops.

Here's more on West...

At Allen West-Sponsored Event, Group Paints Thousands Of Muslims As Terrorists | TPMMuckraker

Allen West Instigating Violence Against Muslim Americans | Educated Rants

West: I'll lead you off 'plantation' - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Allen West Refuses To Retract Claim That Obama Should Put His Life In Harm's Way | ThinkProgress

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
That guy is a total jerk. I think he's already done the obligatory and fully expected apology by now.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida

Sun-Sentinel Blogs | Chan Lowe: Allen West jumps districts

Well, at least we know what it’s all about, now. It isn’t about faithfully representing the people of Florida District 22, because he just coldly abandoned them. It isn’t about never shying away from a challenge, which is what Congressman Allen West was crowing just a few weeks ago when the Florida Legislature redrew his district to include more Democratic voters.

It’s about putting his career in Congress first and foremost. It’s been about that ever since he first decided not to run in his own home district. Evidently, the war veteran found the self-described “Jewish mom from Plantation,” Debbie Wasserman Schultz, more fearsome, even, than Iraqi militants.

Somehow, I don’t think carpetbaggers hopping hither and yon in search of U.S. House districts that will elect them is what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they conceived of “citizen legislators.” While Congress may appear to be one sometimes, it isn’t a traveling circus.

My editorial board colleague Gary Stein summed it up thus: “If West keeps moving north, soon he’ll be running for Prime Minister of Canada.”

All this is further proof that once these professed anti-government types get a taste of the heady atmosphere in Washington, D.C., they lose no time succumbing to its seductive charms. Like their more entrenched brethren, they come to need that fix. At least Mr. West seems to have learned something about politics during his short career. Word has it that he’s actually going to be taking up residence in his new district. I’m sure Ms. Wasserman Schultz will miss her favorite constituent.

bok bok bok