Amazon forced to give Alexa users the option to stop staff listening to recordings of them having sex

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
ALEXA SEX BAN Amazon forced to give Alexa users the option to stop staff listening to recordings of them having sex

Amazon forced to give users option to stop Alexa recording them having sex

AMAZON finally gave its Alexa users the option to block recordings of them having sex.

It came after we revealed last week that staff have regularly listened in when smart speakers pick up private conversations and other, saucier activities.

Amazon's Alexa finally offers users the option to switch off recordingsCredit: Alamy
Amazon is now updating the settings to let users opt out.

Each time the intelligent assistant hears the wake-up phrase “Alexa” — or thinks it has — it records what it hears.

Employees listen to some recordings to work out why Alexa gets requests wrong or is wrongly activated.

Thays funny right there. I hope it wasnt on a show.

Reactions: Friday13
Sep 2012
SoCal
I bought a sound bar for my TV, didn't realize until I got it set up that it also has "google home assistant" … and it keeps insisting that I set the damn thing up. I doesn't tell me how to shut it off, tho. The "google" voice is the loudest sound that it produces. Got to have the sound bar 'cause the TV is 20 feet away and speakers are on the back in front of a window.

Reactions: Tedminator

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I bought a sound bar for my TV, didn't realize until I got it set up that it also has "google home assistant" … and it keeps insisting that I set the damn thing up. I doesn't tell me how to shut it off, tho. The "google" voice is the loudest sound that it produces. Got to have the sound bar 'cause the TV is 20 feet away and speakers are on the back in front of a window.

Set it up, then you will be able to turn it off.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
My bro now has that same thing. Apparently some people didn't want to pay for a listening device so the corporations have to sneak into our homes some other way.

*yeah yeh yeah I know I'm paranoid.. I actually put a tape over my computer cameras because they can be remotely activated.