Amazon walkout for climate change

Apr 2016
Seattle
Sheesh! Weve gone up ONE degree since 1880. We adapted just fine to that ONE degree. How in the world can they predict its going to go up 5 more in 12 YEARS .... Its a HUGE scam and people fell for it. Think of all that money wasted that could have been spent on the homeless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gooseberrymesa
Jan 2007
Well, Sheppard works at Amazon HQ and is at least risking what is probably a fabulous career to make her point.

I'm not sure why you think Amazon's environmental impact is unworthy of attention. Or why "zero emissions by 2030" is an unreasonable goal on its face.
Maybe she should be down at the loading docks protesting all the 18 wheeler diesel burning trucks. Then go to the airlines and protest the thousands of kerosene burning airliners burning thousands of gallons during every flight. Protest the military as they are one of the largest consumers of fossil fuels.

Factoid: for the dingbat.

The F-15 can burn through an amazing amount of fuel in a short amount of time. In the dense air at sea level with maximum afterburner selected and at high speed, the total fuel flow can be more than 23,000 gallons per hour, or 385 gallons per minute.

Jan 2007
Sheesh! Weve gone up ONE degree since 1880. We adapted just fine to that ONE degree. How in the world can they predict its going to go up 5 more in 12 YEARS .... Its a HUGE scam and people fell for it. Think of all that money wasted that could have been spent on the homeless.

Bernie Sanders in his latest debate stated we have eight years before cities around the world will be heading under water.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Maybe she should be down at the loading docks protesting all the 18 wheeler diesel burning trucks. Then go to the airlines and protest the thousands of kerosene burning airliners burning thousands of gallons during every flight. Protest the military as they are one of the largest consumers of fossil fuels.

Factoid: for the dingbat.

The F-15 can burn through an amazing amount of fuel in a short amount of time. In the dense air at sea level with maximum afterburner selected and at high speed, the total fuel flow can be more than 23,000 gallons per hour, or 385 gallons per minute.
Why can't Amazon use solar powered jets, or nuclear ones? Why does it have to be gasoline?

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Another thread in hear on Amazon got me thinking about an interview on NPR I heard with this stupid little girl organizing an Amazon walkout for climate change. She's just so upset that her job with Amazon and the company itself contributes to global warming that she decided to do something about it. Wait until you see her pic in the link. Pajama girl anyone? LMAO
Between warehouse workers whining about sore muscles and office workers demanding Zero emission it might be time to sell your Amazon stock.

"Last year, I was feeling hopeless, unmotivated and frankly ashamed of the role I was playing at Amazon Air enabling carbon emissions,” Sheppard said. “I have a beautiful three-year-old nephew, and I was afraid of what his world was going to look like in 50 years, given how much worse it had gotten in my 28 years.”
" Sheppard joined a group of Amazon workers internally lobbying for their employer to take action to reduce its negative impact on the environment and climate change. "
"They want Amazon to commit to producing zero carbon emissions by 2030 by rolling out electric vehicle use, to eliminate Amazon Web Services contracts for fossil-fuel companies and to stop funding climate-denying lobbyists and politicians. "

The woman has a passion. Give her credit for that. At the risk of what is prolly a pretty lucrative employment.

Not sure how realistic/reasonable all the demands are.

Reactions: Madeline
Sep 2019
Idaho
The woman has a passion. Give her credit for that. At the risk of what is prolly a pretty lucrative employment.

Not sure how realistic/reasonable all the demands are.

Actually according to the NPR interview Bezos has been cowed by her and her group and is desperate to placate them for fear this will spread throughout his company. Not to mention he likes to consider himself as "green" and part of the climate change crowd. Not sure how he does that with his fleet of jets and trucks but these people find a way to excuse their own behavior as necessary.