Amazon walkout for climate change

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Actually according to the NPR interview Bezos has been cowed by her and her group and is desperate to placate them for fear this will spread throughout his company. Not to mention he likes to consider himself as "green" and part of the climate change crowd. Not sure how he does that with his fleet of jets and trucks but these people find a way to excuse their own behavior as necessary.
Or, Bezos cooked up this whole kerfuffle to lend authenticity to his claims of "going green".

Color me *suspicious*.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Your threads as well as your lame talking points need too much work for you to get as much air-time as you are afforded.

Seriously, "magic carpets?"
Zero emissions.

So back off little mister contrarian. (and the background dancers are pretty impressive also...)

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Your threads as well as your lame talking points need too much work for you to get as much air-time as you are afforded.

Seriously, "magic carpets?"
Yes. You sit on one and fly. While rubbin' your magic lamp. It's all there in Arabian Nights.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Another thread in hear on Amazon got me thinking about an interview on NPR I heard with this stupid little girl organizing an Amazon walkout for climate change. She's just so upset that her job with Amazon and the company itself contributes to global warming that she decided to do something about it. Wait until you see her pic in the link. Pajama girl anyone? LMAO
Between warehouse workers whining about sore muscles and office workers demanding Zero emission it might be time to sell your Amazon stock.

"Last year, I was feeling hopeless, unmotivated and frankly ashamed of the role I was playing at Amazon Air enabling carbon emissions,” Sheppard said. “I have a beautiful three-year-old nephew, and I was afraid of what his world was going to look like in 50 years, given how much worse it had gotten in my 28 years.”
" Sheppard joined a group of Amazon workers internally lobbying for their employer to take action to reduce its negative impact on the environment and climate change. "
"They want Amazon to commit to producing zero carbon emissions by 2030 by rolling out electric vehicle use, to eliminate Amazon Web Services contracts for fossil-fuel companies and to stop funding climate-denying lobbyists and politicians. "

Just a personal opinion here. But if someone I hired walked out to protest they would be fired and blackballed. One can protest on their own time.

Reactions: Gooseberrymesa