Amazon will pay $0 in taxes on $11,200,000,000 in profit for 2018

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
Maybe. Dunno.

The article is written in antagonistic outrage reporting style. With vague/non-existent specifics.

May in the end be pissed off at Amazon....but for the moment am just curious about the details of how they ended up the tax results they did.

Worse case scenario, Amazon doesn’t pay its workers a decent wage and many of its employees receive benefits subsidized by taxpayers. So we are paying for Bezos to be a billionaire.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Taxes are totally unimportant, we can just cut taxes and add a few trillion more to the deficit<shrug> Who cares, right?

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
The more we cut taxes, the more money that comes flooding in, in fact, if we eliminated taxes completely we would be absolutely flooded with tax money, why is this so hard for you non-trickle down cultists to understand?

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
And I'd like to see us all pay as little as possible to fund minimal government. As it is now, the tax system is so complex that some can write off losses from years ago to avoid paying on profits now. I have no problem with individuals or companies doing everything within the law to pay as little as possible. I know I do. It would be hypocritical to hold others to a different standard.
Why do you want to contribute as little as possible in order to be a member of a civilized society. How does paying as little as possible benefit you? Do you enjoy breaking an axel on your car because there’s no money to repair potholes?

Apr 2018
oregon
Why do you want to contribute as little as possible in order to be a member of a civilized society.
Is that a question? Every smart person pays as little tax as possible. There's an entire industry that helps people to do just that.
How does paying as little as possible benefit you?
It allows me to spend more of my earnings as I see fit.
Do you enjoy breaking an axel on your car because there’s no money to repair potholes?
My car doesn't have "axels".