America abandons her allies

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
You got that right. What is surprising....is to see liberals become warmongers. American parents, who actually have children who have been deployed to the ME would disagree with them. Six years ago....not one liberal would have actually agreed with McConnell as far as staying in the ME....for nothing I might add. The only thing that will happen if the US remains in the ME....more US flagged draped coffins of American soldiers. You would think Americans would be sick of seeing this. I have always said when Republicans were the warmongers....send your own kids over there and see how you feel. I now say that to Democrats who are using the blood of other peoples children to take a poke at Trump. If we leave the ME alone with no more involvement, they will eventually destroy themselves. It is all they know.
I'm curious, how many troops would people who don't feel the Kurds are worth sticking up for, despite the fact they lost 11,000 soldiers fighting ISIS, be willing to commit if it were Israel being invaded by a hostile neighbor?

Israel isn't a member of NATO, but I'd wager we'd defend them from the Turks.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
It is about warmongering. Our allies are fine, they don't need us. We have been fighting for almost 20 years and nothing has changed in the ME nor is it getting better. We will never rid that region of terrorists...such as ISIS because another group will form. The ME has been fighting each other for 3000 years and they are still the same. The EU consists of 28 Countries whom have standing armies. It is time for them to dust off their fighter jets or invest in a strong military and stop depending on ours. The only reason this is a issue to Democrats, Trump wants to pull out. If it had been Obama, the Republicans would have been screaming. We can't use our young men and women as political ploys. They are human beings. If war mongering Democrats want to continue to fight in the ME....let them send their children to fight against a lost cause.
The Kurds aren't fine.

The Turkish Armed Forces is the second largest standing military force in NATO, after the U.S. Armed Forces, with an estimated strength in 2015 of 639,551 military, civilian and paramilitary personnel.
They're going to get slaughtered. Turkey doesn't need to do this and they wouldn't if we had any of our troops there.

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
The Kurds aren't fine.

They're going to get slaughtered. Turkey doesn't need to do this and they wouldn't if we had any of our troops there.
What I don't get is why we can't at least offer air support. Why? B/c Trump specifically told them to stand down. And don't you think that was covered in his little meeting with Erdogan?

It must be hard to be an American over there watching our policy unfold.
Disgusting.
USA.usa. USA. Yay us.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I agree but there is really no way to leave the ME...unless we leave. The ME will suck you in and one day you will look up and realize that we have spent trillions of dollars, lost many lives....all for nothing 20 years later. Republicans howled when Obama pulled troops from Iraq and look what happened. It isn't anyone's fault, the war just can't be won in the ME. It is crazy to keep making the same mistakes. We just need a withdraw date and stick to it. We have done all we can. It is time to focus on the needs of Americans and quit wasting money on a lost cause.
Are we leaving KSA, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, etc? No. We have thousands of sailors in the gulf protecting oil tankers, but we can't spare 100 soldiers to prevent a mass killing of people who've never harmed us and fought by our sides?

Bring our troops home from somewhere they aren't needed, like South Korea or Japan or Germany or France or Guam or Taiwan. But to leave the Kurds' fate in the hands of an enemy who has admitted they want them all dead is just cowardly.

I'm not a warmonger, but this particular group of people have earned our respect and protection. For the last two years they have protected our troops, giving their own lives to do so. We owe them.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Yes, last year.

Dec 19, 2018 - WASHINGTON — President Trump has ordered the withdrawal of 2,000 American ... Even after the president's announcement, officials said, the ...
And Turkey threatened to kill them all months ago and no one seemed to care. I can't figure out how we can have a holocaust museum and do this.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
We have had 8 casualties in the 5 years we have had troops in Syria...

United States 8 servicemen killed
A U.S. pilot was killed on 30 November 2014, when his F-16 fighter aircraft crashed in Jordan following a combat mission against the Islamic State jihadist group.[216] Also, a U.S. special forces member died due to a bomb explosion while supporting Kurdish-led forces during the Wrath of Euphrates offensive against ISIL-held Raqqa.[217] Two other service members died due to non-combat causes in northern Syria in 2017.[218] A US servicemen died on 30 March 2018 by an IED explosion in Manbij.[215] Four Americans, including two soldiers, were killed by a bombing in Manbij city on 16 January 2019.[219][220] One American soldier was killed on 28 April 2019,[221] possibly due to a Turkish shelling.[222]
And the Kurds lost 11 thousand. If we had tried to do this without them we'd have bodies stacked up all over the place. As far as I'm concerned, the Kurds died in our place. We used them as human shields and now we're just going to sit there and let them die. It's despicable.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Its a win win for Putin anyways. If we pull out its good for Russia and if we stay in and the voting public see it as a "never ending war" its also a win for Putin. Voters have been sick and tired of these wars now. Kids born before the first Middle East war are now old enough to serve. Fathers are watching their sons serve now where they did.
We have 23,000 troops in S. Korea guarding them from N. Korea. Are you not sick and tired of that?