American Civil War history trivia time!

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Time for another history trivia thread! This time its about the American Civil War aka "War Between the States", or "War of the Rebellion", or "War for Southern Independence", or "War of Northern Aggression", or "Freedom War", or "War of Secession". whew thats a lot of names, and to some of you this might still be considered recent events so try not to get too emotional about it.. this is just a trivia game so have fun :)

Anyhoo yall know the drill; post a question and others will try to answer the question without goggling it.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
What was the name of the first ever submarine to have sunk an enemy ship?
Extra points for knowing the name of the ship it sank.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Reducing the war with its horrific cost in lives and material to a trivia game is disrespectful to the men and women on both sides that suffered and lost.

Who would participate in a trivia game on the Afghan war? When we lose our honor, we fail as a nation.

Mar 2012
Which Civil War general was acquitted of murder by reason of insanity? (From what I hear it was the first use of the defense).

Points if you know who the victim was....

Last edited:

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Which Civil War general was acquitted of murder by reason of insanity? (From what I hear it was the first use of the defense).

Points if you know who the victim was....

arrgh I've read about this but can't remember anymore. My wildass guess... General Hooker?

Jul 2014
Philadelphia
I know the General was Sickles. ( I always remember "sick"). The victim was having an affair with his wife, but I don't remember who it was.