American flags on Jeffrey Epstein's private islands lowered to half-staff

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS

The American flags on Jeffrey Epstein's private island were lowered to half-staff four days after he died in an apparent jailhouse suicide.

A boat captain cruising past Little St. James, located off the coast of St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands, captured images and videos of the solemn sight Wednesday night.

“It was a real moment out there and it just felt so heavy,” said Captain Kelly Quinn, owner of Salty Dog Day Sails.

“I didn’t feel there was a realness of the end of Jeffrey Epstein until I saw that. That was a lot more literal.”

It wasn’t clear who lowered the two flags on opposite ends of the 70-acre island. But Quinn is nearly certain it was one of the employees Epstein hired to staff his lavish estate.

“They’re doing this as a remembrance, but the irony is he'll only be remembered for the deviance,” said Quinn......

Apparently there are scumbags still on the island.

Should have an a10 warthog drop some freedom on the island.

May 2019
midwest

The American flags on Jeffrey Epstein's private island were lowered to half-staff four days after he died in an apparent jailhouse suicide.

A boat captain cruising past Little St. James, located off the coast of St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands, captured images and videos of the solemn sight Wednesday night.

“It was a real moment out there and it just felt so heavy,” said Captain Kelly Quinn, owner of Salty Dog Day Sails.

“I didn’t feel there was a realness of the end of Jeffrey Epstein until I saw that. That was a lot more literal.”

It wasn’t clear who lowered the two flags on opposite ends of the 70-acre island. But Quinn is nearly certain it was one of the employees Epstein hired to staff his lavish estate.

“They’re doing this as a remembrance, but the irony is he'll only be remembered for the deviance,” said Quinn......

Apparently there are scumbags still on the island.

Should have an a10 warthog drop some freedom on the island.
He owned more than 1 island according to the source you provided. Who knows, he might have treated his employees fairly. That is my guess why the flag was flown at half-staff on his islands that he owned.
:cool:

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
They were going to do a 21 gun salute but then they realized that Epstein liked to keep it under 18.