American Lives Lost From Sanctuary Laws

Jun 2018
Florida
yes. I corrected that. Its most certainly bigoted to single out offenders of crimes for criticism, fear mongering and animus based on immigration status. They aren't the only ones committing crimes. So, to focus on them while ignoring other demographics, yes, is bigoted. Of course, it's not bigoted/racist to simply talk about one demographic while ignoring the others. But, it is single out one for the purpose of demonizing them, generating fear or animus, etc, while ignore other demographics that commit the same crimes. I'll ask again. If you're so worried about "protecting ourselves" why only single out one group that's committing crimes?
Maybe reading comprehension is the problem here. Maybe you have some preoccupation with demographics, but the OP is not about that. I'm not singling out a group. That's in your demographic obsessed head, not mine.

The OP is about bad laws being passed by politicians (most of whom are white), and if anyone is being "demonized" as you call it, it is those lawmakers who create and maintain sanctuary cities, and who are responsible for deaths such as Rocky Paul Jones, and many others.

And if they're being demonized, there is an obvious reason why. Because they DESERVE it.

Jun 2018
Florida
Tell it to your fellow trump supporters -
No, I'm telling it to YOU, and all Trump-bashers. We Trump supporters say the same as what I say. You guys are the ones who aren't getting it. You're the one who said "Conservative farmers need cheap labor from south of the border to run their operations" -

And who said they're all conservatives ? Seems to me if they were conservatives, they wouldn't be living in California, and they sure wouldn't be hiring illegal aliens. They're probably the most liberal folks in America.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Maybe reading comprehension is the problem here. Maybe you have some preoccupation with demographics, but the OP is not about that. I'm not singling out a group. That's in your demographic obsessed head, not mine.

The OP is about bad laws being passed by politicians (most of whom are white), and if anyone is being "demonized" as you call it, it is those lawmakers who create and maintain sanctuary cities, and who are responsible for deaths such as Rocky Paul Jones, and many others.

And if they're being demonized, there is an obvious reason why. Because they DESERVE it.
bullshit. The thread is about advancing offensive stereotypes about undocumented aliens. Just because you're trying to pretend as if it's about something else doesn't mean anyone has to go along with it. When you post a thread on a public forum any member is entitled to comment on that topic AS THEY SEE FIT according to the rules. The OP doesn't get to tell people what they're allowed to post otherwise.

You can't have a discussion about Sanctuary cities without having a discussion about the population they are designed to provide sanctuary for. They aren't providing sanctuary to lawmakers. So please, do just stop with the bullshit lies.

Jun 2018
Florida
racist/bigoted against undocumented aliens.
First of all, let's get the terminology right. It is ILLEGAL aliens, not "undocumented". Illegal aliens have just as many documents as anybody else except for one > proof of US citizenship.

And I'm not bigoted against anybody. Just because you characterize them as acting illegally, and being an alien doesn't mean you're bigoted. You've been watching too much CNN/MSNBC. :rolleyes:

PS - the race/bigot card died ot with the OJ Simpson trial. Thay was almost 25 years ago.

Jun 2018
Florida
bullshit. The thread is about advancing offensive stereotypes about undocumented aliens. Just because you're trying to pretend as if it's about something else doesn't mean anyone has to go along with it. When you post a thread on a public forum any member is entitled to comment on that topic AS THEY SEE FIT according to the rules. The OP doesn't get to tell people what they're allowed to post otherwise.

You can't have a discussion about Sanctuary cities without having a discussion about the population they are designed to provide sanctuary for. They aren't providing sanctuary to lawmakers. So please, do just stop with the bullshit lies.
FALSE! It is about the improper release of dangerous criminals (whoever they may be), by sanctuary city laws. Read the title. You are just fanatically race-obsessed, and as such, you translate whatever you see into race. Well, all I can is that's YOUR problem. Deal with it.

As for telling you what to do, yeah I can do that, and I'll do it again right now >>

Don't commit these infractions >>>

1. Personal Attacks - Debate the topic, not the poster (Political Hotwire rules)

2. Thread Jacking - This includes posting off topic content within a discussion that is on topic. (Political Hotwire rules)

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
First of all, let's get the terminology right. It is ILLEGAL aliens, not "undocumented". Illegal aliens have just as many documents as anybody else except for one > proof of US citizenship.

And I'm not bigoted against anybody. Just because you characterize them as acting illegally, and being an alien doesn't mean you're bigoted. You've been watching too much CNN/MSNBC. :rolleyes:

PS - the race/bigot card died ot with the OJ Simpson trial. Thay was almost 25 years ago.
now you're trying to tell me which terms I'm allowed to use? How nice. Well. It's true that our laws have specific categories for who is a so-called "illegal alien". But, the term itself is inaccurate legally speaking. It's a matter of preference in political circles. Is that the term used in the sanctuary city laws you're referring to in OP?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
FALSE! It is about the improper release of dangerous criminals (whoever they may be), by sanctuary city laws. Read the title. You are just fanatically race-obsessed, and as such, you translate whatever you see into race. Well, all I can is that's YOUR problem. Deal with it.

As for telling you what to do, yeah I can do that, and I'll do it again right now >>

Don't commit these infractions >>>

1. Personal Attacks - Debate the topic, not the poster (Political Hotwire rules)

2. Thread Jacking - This includes posting off topic content within a discussion that is on topic. (Political Hotwire rules)
sanctuary city laws only allow release after they have served their sentence and there are no other outstanding warrants. It's specifically in relation to cooperation with federal immigration law enforcement. That said. I've been very specific about racism here. Go back and read what I posted again. You're the one that keeps focusing on race. If you think I'm violating the rules I suggest you report it. Otherwise, I'll post what ever I deem is relevant to the topic.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail

One cannot be determined to be "illegal" until they have been adjudicated in a court of law to be as such and even then that isn't the term that is used when they are found guilty.

But the big question is...... why aren't you as upset by the undocumenteds coming in from Canada?