Americans' Confidence in Their Finances Keeps Growing

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Throwing cold water on the board's Mr. Cold Water. I name no names.

Americans' optimism about their personal finances has climbed to levels not seen in more than 16 years, with 69% now saying they expect to be financially better off "at this time next year."

The 69% saying they expect to be better off is only two percentage points below the all-time high of 71%, recorded in March 1998 at a time when the nation's economic boom was producing strong economic growth combined with the lowest inflation and unemployment rates in decades.

Americans are typically less positive about how their finances have changed over the past year than about where they're headed, and that remains the case. Fifty percent say they are better off today than they were a year ago. That 50% still represents a post-recession milestone -- the first time since 2007 that at least half of the public has said they are financially better off than a year ago.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/246602/americans-confidence-finances-keeps-growing.aspx

Jul 2014
midwest
Some member will be along soon to tell you how you and this poll are completely wrong.

But, in the meantime...Thanks Trump!

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Some member will be along soon to tell you how you and this poll are completely wrong.

But, in the meantime...Thanks Trump!
Why? It is a Gallup poll, and I take them at face value, not just the ones that fit my confirmation bias, which is the way #Trumpcult looks at every single poll. Only dullards try to cherry pick polls from the same source and claim all of them they don't like are "fake news"

Apr 2012
Another triumph for Trump. Trump continues to show how incompetent Obama was

Americans' optimism about their personal finances has climbed to levels not seen in more than 16 years, with 69% now saying they expect to be financially better off "at this time next year."

The 69% saying they expect to be better off is only two percentage points below the all-time high of 71%, recorded in March 1998 at a time when the nation's economic boom was producing strong economic growth combined with the lowest inflation and unemployment rates in decades.
Americans are typically less positive about how their finances have changed over the past year than about where they're headed, and that remains the case. Fifty percent say they are better off today than they were a year ago. That 50% still represents a post-recession milestone -- the first time since 2007 that at least half of the public has said they are financially better off than a year ago.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Throwing cold water on the board's Mr. Cold Water. I name no names.

By all means, DO let me know if you're still disputing the FACT that consumer confidence has FALLEN since Mr. Trump took office. The data series is RIGHT HERE:

University of Michigan: Consumer Sentiment

And I would be glad to run you through the very simple arithmetic, if you're still flunking that subject...….

And here's the thread I posted on the subject a few weeks ago, when the January 2019 data became available, which showed a BIG drop in consumer confidence following the market mayhem of December, the worst December in the markets since 1931!

Consumer Confidence, Trump vs Obama

Jul 2014
midwest
Why? It is a Gallup poll, and I take them at face value, not just the ones that fit my confirmation bias, which is the way #Trumpcult looks at every single poll. Only dullards try to cherry pick polls from the same source and claim all of them they don't like are "fake news"
You aren't the member I had in mind, and probably not the member the OP had in mind, either.

But, never fear, the prediction will come true...guaranteed.

If it hasn't already.

And, we know that BOTH sides will cherry pick polls that tell them what the WANT to believe.

That never changes...