Americans feel positive about the economy, but worried about U.S. direction

I believe most agree the economy is doing well, some want the country to go in a different direction

• How would you like the country to go in a different direction?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep borders open unchecked

• Raise Taxes back to the level back to the level they were or even higher to pay for entitlements

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Free Healthcare

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Free College

• A better tax system

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Nov 2008
Washington state
Americans are feeling the most positive about the state of the nation's economy heading into a midterm election than they have since 1998. Still, a majority continue to say the country is off on the wrong track. Three in four disapprove of the job Congress is doing, and most view both political parties negatively. More than half continue to disapprove of the job Donald Trump is doing as president.

Seven in 10 of Americans say the economy is in good shape; the public's most positive evaluation heading into a midterm election in decades. And 42 percent of Americans think the economy is improving. Among those who feel that way, most are confident that it will continue to improve in the long run.

Majorities of both Republicans and Democrats say the economy is good, although Republicans feel especially positive. Democrats feel the country is going in the wrong direction. Give input on how you feel this nations direction should go with the poll and any other ideas

Last edited:
Nov 2008
Washington state
Now I know our country is in trouble. Not one Democrat is willing to discuss which way they would like the country to go. I am willing to have a reasonable discussion

May 2012
By the wall
Congress is a miserable failure.

They need to start passing big legislation, even if its bad legislation, just to keep the nation moving forward.

We can fix the bad stuff.

The republicans in congress are the worse we've had in decades and the democratic ones aren't even worth mentioning.

Hell, the courts are getting more done then the congress is at this point.

Trump has gotten one major piece through, the tax cuts in two years, Obama only got one, the ACA.....its simply pathetic.

FDR got 13 major pieces through in his first 100 days alone.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Now I know our country is in trouble. Not one Democrat is willing to discuss which way they would like the country to go. I am willing to have a reasonable discussion
You post at 11:20PM and expect immediate answers?

Yes, the Country is going in the wrong direction with massive tax cuts for the wealthy, a ballooning debt, no decent Health care, a do nothing Congress that is only intent on feathering their own nest. A lying,racist divider, ignorant fool in the WH!

Do you need more? That is just the tip of the ice berg.

Nov 2008
Washington state
You post at 11:20PM and expect immediate answers?

Yes, the Country is going in the wrong direction with massive tax cuts for the wealthy, a ballooning debt, no decent Health care, a do nothing Congress that is only intent on feathering their own nest. A lying,racist divider, ignorant fool in the WH!

Do you need more? That is just the tip of the ice berg.
How do you figure the tax cuts for the wealthy . The tax rates went up on the wealthy New tax brackets and rates for 2018 - CNNMoney
Congress tried to do something about Healthcare and the Democrats wanted to stay with the status quo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
The country is in trouble because we are a polarized nation. Our elected reps are representing our tribalism in office. No one is interested in passing legislation. There is no need to compromise when it’s more effective to use issues every two years to hammer the opposition with. Winning the race is first and foremost. Get a majority, DO NOTHING but just demonize the other party.

Repeat...

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
The country is in trouble because we are a polarized nation. Our elected reps are representing our tribalism in office. No one is interested in passing legislation. There is no need to compromise when it’s more effective to use issues every two years to hammer the opposition with. Winning the race is first and foremost. Get a majority, DO NOTHING but just demonize the other party.

Repeat...
Woah, jets! Democrats do not have control of anything. If they did they would be trying to pass legislation!

All this bull about both parties doing it is just that. Democrats tried their best in the 2 short years they had a majority passing the first step of a health care bill that many wanted for 100 years. Republicans have spent 8 years trying to destroy instead of fixing. They are lying like dogs now pretending they will protect per- existing conditions.

Just when I see modersation in you p, you go back to the both parties do it. No, they do not!

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
How do you figure the tax cuts for the wealthy . The tax rates went up on the wealthy New tax brackets and rates for 2018 - CNNMoney
Congress tried to do something about Healthcare and the Democrats wanted to stay with the status quo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You keep posting that. Show me the plan because no one has ever seen one. So you know what that makes your statement.

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
Woah, jets! Democrats do not have control of anything. If they did they would be trying to pass legislation!

All this bull about both parties doing it is just that. Democrats tried their best in the 2 short years they had a majority passing the first step of a health care bill that many wanted for 100 years. Republicans have spent 8 years trying to destroy instead of fixing. They are lying like dogs now pretending they will protect per- existing conditions.

Just when I see modersation in you p, you go back to the both parties do it. No, they do not!
Right now my post is MOSTLY directed at the GOP. Let’s see what happens after the Democratic Party takes the majority. And for record, I’m more conservative than moderate.