Americans liked Trump's SOTU address

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
The lies come from the Democrats like separation of church and state.

I am waiting for you to prove those are lies
OK, let's start with an easy one:

Mexico will pay for the wall.

Two years have gone by, and Mexico has not paid one peso, nor has it made any indication it will do so.

Your turn: Show that separation of church and state is a lie.

Apr 2012
OK, let's start with an easy one:

Mexico will pay for the wall.

Two years have gone by, and Mexico has not paid one peso, nor has it made any indication it will do so.

Your turn: Show that separation of church and state is a lie.
They will pay through the new trade agreement. Trump did not say how they would pay

Feb 2011
They will pay through the new trade agreement. Trump did not say how they would pay
OH, the new trade agreement! Do you think that Mexico will now have to pay more for trade goods, and that difference will pay for the wall?

No, the trade deal is yet another Trump lie. For one thing, it's not law, nor is it likely to be any time soon if ever:

Although the deal that Trump announced Oct. 1 with great fanfare has been symbolically signed, it still needs to be approved by the legislatures in all three countries. Because it is unclear -- even unlikely -- that Congress will vote on it before the current session ends in December, the deal could face new challenges in 2019. If approved, it would likely take effect around Jan. 1, 2020.
and if it ever is ratified by all three countries, it won't change very much at all:

But Gary Hufbauer, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics, and a self-described free trader, said the biggest difference between this deal and NAFTA is the name. In terms of substance, he said about 90 percent of the original NAFTA agreement stays in place under the USMCA.

Apr 2014
Maryland
Poll numbers on this are skewed by the fact that Trump supporters were MUCH more likely to watch the speech to begin with. Voters who understand that Donald Trump is a pathological liar were much less likely to watch the speech. I watched it mostly for the political theater aspect of it. I enjoyed the moment when it appeared that Nancy was giving Donald 'the clap', even though he has surely had it before.
I was in a hotel and I shut off the sound because I didn’t want to miss the rebuttal. The arrogance of his expressions was almost a joke. He put his nose up in the air and bask in what he thought was glory. I even laughed at someone here who said well at least he didn’t use the Teleprompter. Only a Trumper would think that he memorized it all

Feb 2011
I was in a hotel and I shut off the sound because I didn’t want to miss the rebuttal. The arrogance of his expressions was almost a joke. He put his nose up in the air and bask in what he thought was glory. I even laughed at someone here who said well at least he didn’t use the Teleprompter. Only a Trumper would think that he memorized it all
There used to be a lot said about Obama reading from a teleprompter, as if every president since the invention of said machine didn't use it. Now, they want us to believe that Trump gave that speech off the cuff, or memorized it? What an absurd idea!

Apr 2012