Americans losing confidence in democracy

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
And just whose fault is that for Americans to be losing confidence in democracy if they went for Trump in the last presidential election? They have absolutely no one else to blame but themselves. They should not be seeking any sympathy from other Americans for their big mistake in voting Trump into office. Now, they're stuck with him and they have to bear the consequences. Well deserved!

Reactions: 3 people
Mar 2010
Indiana
Lack of reading comprehension again? First it was not a "poll" but a study and it does mention Trump.

It's right there in my link

The report comes against the backdrop of a raging debate over civility and Donald Trump’s polarizing approach to the presidency

But nice try at trying to derail the thread.
Maybe it goes beyond reading comprehension? Maybe goofy has trouble reading period?

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
From the link:

Overall, 8 in 10 Americans think “the influence of money in politics” is getting worse, rather than better.

Three in 4 Americans think that “the laws enacted by our national government these days mostly reflect what powerful special interests and their lobbyists want.”

This sums it up nicely. Disgust with the system is an understatement!

Jmo

Reactions: 7 people
Nov 2014
Florida
I'm going to read between the lines on this one: the pollsters fashioned a poll designed to detect people unhappy with losing a democratic election. Naturally those people blame democracy, and since they've been served up with a president that they insist is a threat to democracy, they would consider abolishing democracy in favor of a totalitarian dictatorship, as long as it's run by a dictator of their choosing. Did I get that about right?
An insane unhinged liberal doesn't know they're an insane unhinged liberal.

[video=youtube;Lu0_eFc92Hc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu0_eFc92Hc[/video]

Reactions: 1 person