America's BIGGEST liar

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
I remember that thread, what did Cortez get wrong in her tweet, that law was practically a total ban on abortion and did have criminal penalties against pregnant women unless I remember it incorrectly….
The doctors were the targets of the law and not the women themselves. If I’m misinterpreting the law please correct me here.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Appreciate the links. Obviously I’m not a partisan hack looking for the “gotcha”, but on the flip side we are dealing with hearsay. Exaggerating a narrative to execrate the Trump administration would not be an unreasonable surmise. That said, I will not defend the conditions of these facilities because the pictures show them to be abhorrent.

I know, I over analyze lint.... ;)
I would agree if Judy Chu had not heard the same thing. And both of them said "they were told by an immigrant woman" neither one said they saw women drinking from toilets. Should they have just kept their mouths shut about it? I don't agree . Truth needs to be spoken to power, they did the right thing and it has pissed off the Trump administration and its supporters to the point they are foaming at the mouth like in this thread.

Reactions: Mister B and Jets
Jan 2007
Appreciate the links. Obviously I’m not a partisan hack looking for the “gotcha”, but on the flip side we are dealing with hearsay. Exaggerating a narrative to execrate the Trump administration would not be an unreasonable surmise. That said, I will not defend the conditions of these facilities because the pictures show them to be abhorrent.

I know, I over analyze lint.... ;)
They brought the situation to us. We didn't go out looking for this. If a hundred squatters show up in your front yard all of a sudden what will the situation be like.

Reactions: WolfHulk
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
The doctors were the targets of the law and not the women themselves. If I’m misinterpreting the law please correct me here.
That has been true in most of these anti-abortion laws attempting to legislate abortion out of existence, but let's fact check this one in Alabama, shall we?
As far as I can find, you are correct, doctors get 99 year sentences, but no penalty to the woman.
Currently, breaking abortion law in Georgia can be punished with imprisonment "for not less than one nor more than 10 years." The newly signed bill gives no indication as to who would be charged with penalties and what, if any, those penalties would be.
Some have speculated that since the bill recognizes unborn children as "natural persons," that women who choose abortion or miscarry or the medical professionals who help them, would face murder charges, but the term has been used routinely in the previous criminal code, which the measure does not repeal.
So Georgia is the state that criminalizes women, not Alabama.

Reactions: Jets
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
They brought the situation to us. We didn't go out looking for this. If a hundred squatters show up in your front yard all of a sudden what will the situation be like.
If anyone is wondering if a guard would tell migrant women to drink from toilets, case in point. I think we have plenty of people that would say that, even some on PH.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Canada is to the north, mexico to the south. You would be much happier there.
And the polls will be open next year and we can remove this monstrosity of an administration, lets see if Trump can squeeze out another win after four years of his corrupt and demeaning rule.

Jul 2016
Florida
If anyone is wondering if a guard would tell migrant women to drink from toilets, case in point. I think we have plenty of people that would say that, even some on PH.
Nah...they’d tell them to starve and then celebrate the dead brown children.