America's Hot New Export

raj

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Norwegian authorities have arrested a high-profile American white supremacist, hours before he was due to give a speech at a far-right conference in Oslo on Saturday.

The detained American, Greg Johnson, is editor-in-chief of the white nationalist Counter-Currents Publishing group. He had been scheduled to speak at the Scandza Forum, a network known for its anti-Semitic and racist views.

We may not have invented white supremacism, but goddamn...we made it great again!

And yeah, Trump is not the cause of it.

But he has embraced it and he encourages it.

Dec 2013
Switzerland
What is Trump's fault is in backing directly or indirectly racist or discriminaiton themes, he opened Pandora's box. People who feared expressing such themes feel authorized from the top to do so. What is rather dangerous also comes from the fact that probably Trump is seen by people voting for him as someone sharing their concerns because using their words, when Trump's policies are not to the advantage of the well being of them but more intended to favor people not anxious about how they will finish the month, to use an euphemism.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio

We may not have invented white supremacism, but goddamn...we made it great again!

And yeah, Trump is not the cause of it.

But he has embraced it and he encourages it.
Looks like America isn't sending our best.

Dec 2013
Switzerland
I am surprised of not having heard that Norway is violating Freedom of speech in this matter. Is this white supremacist so weird that no one dares to bring high spirited constitutional principles to defend him and his opinions ?

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I am surprised of not having heard that Norway is violating Freedom of speech in this matter. Is this white supremacist so weird that no one dares to bring high spirited constitutional principles to defend him and his opinions ?
Norway's freedom of speech or America's?

• Love
Reactions: the bull59
Dec 2013
Switzerland
I guess that not so many Norvegians will feel frustrated of not having the opportunity to listen to this extremist. In any case freedom of speech is not seen as something absolute and protected by the constitution to protect apology of crime, racism.... antisemitism etc....

i

May 2019
midwest
I guess that not so many Norvegians will feel frustrated of not having the opportunity to listen to this extremist. In any case freedom of speech is not seen as something absolute and protected by the constitution to protect apology of crime, racism.... antisemitism etc....

i
Greg Johnson, who was in Norway to attend an event on 'human biodiversity' hosted by of the white nationalist Scandza Forum, was arrested on Saturday and held for two days before being deported first to Hungary and then to Portugal.

more

:cool:

Reactions: Blueneck
Oct 2019
Earth
So, what did this guy do?

All I can find is that antifa protested to stop this person from delivering a speech; the same that they have done to jewish speakers, gay speakers, etc.

That's the problem when everyone is labelled racist, there's no way to identify which ones are actual racist vs people that just aren't extremist leftist enough to carry favor with antifa.

Jun 2014
United States
So, what did this guy do?

All I can find is that antifa protested to stop this person from delivering a speech; the same that they have done to jewish speakers, gay speakers, etc.

That's the problem when everyone is labelled racist, there's no way to identify which ones are actual racist vs people that just aren't extremist leftist enough to carry favor with antifa.

When someone publicly professes to be a racist, I see no reason to doubt their word.