America's Hot New Export

Feb 2007
In my mind
Wild. Plan to speak at a white supremacist tinged concurrence after supporting a white supremacist mass murderer and Norway get s tad upset.

Have white supremacists not ever tried video conferencing? Or do they simply think that their bullshit flies in white majority countries?

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
So, what did this guy do?

All I can find is that antifa protested to stop this person from delivering a speech; the same that they have done to jewish speakers, gay speakers, etc.

That's the problem when everyone is labelled racist, there's no way to identify which ones are actual racist vs people that just aren't extremist leftist enough to carry favor with antifa.
I think in Europe, they take hate speech more seriously than we do, for obvious reasons.

Oct 2019
Earth
When someone publicly professes to be a racist, I see no reason to doubt their word.

But what did he do? Or are we not allowed to have internal beliefs?

Even assuming those are what he wants, that would be unlikely to ever happen in the western world.

I think in Europe, they take hate speech more seriously than we do, for obvious reasons.
All that does is put racists into hiding, I'd prefer to openly know someone hates me for who I am, then I know to be on edge. Nothing worse than finding out someone hates you than when they are pulling the knife from your chest.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
But what did he do? Or are we not allowed to have internal beliefs?

Even assuming those are what he wants, that would be unlikely to ever happen in the western world.

All that does is put racists into hiding, I'd prefer to openly know someone hates me for who I am, then I know to be on edge. Nothing worse than finding out someone hates you than when they are pulling the knife from your chest.
The US deports Muslims extremists for inciting violence with words. Hell, we droned one of our own citizens for doing just that. Norway has the same right.

• Love
Reactions: raj and the bull59
Oct 2019
Earth
The US deports Muslims extremists for inciting violence with words. Hell, we droned one of our own citizens for doing just that. Norway has the same right.
Keyword is inciting violence.

If this person was inciting violence there's a point to be made. Otherwise, it seems quite kafkaesque.

Oct 2019
Earth
Someone's been watching Breaking Bad reruns. ;)
Not recently, was a good show but have watched too many I've known fall to meth. It's a bit too 'real' for me to rewatch.

I was talking in the sense that suddenly you find out you are guilty and punished and nobody can tell you what actual crime was committed. (I realize it is stretching slightly)

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Not recently, was a good show but have watched too many I've known fall to meth. It's a bit too 'real' for me to rewatch.

I was talking in the sense that suddenly you find out you are guilty and punished and nobody can tell you what actual crime was committed. (I realize it is stretching slightly)
"Resisting arrest" charge when all charges that prompted the arrest are dropped would be a good example.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59
Jul 2011
Tennessee