America's Hot New Export

May 2019
midwest
So, what did this guy do?

All I can find is that antifa protested to stop this person from delivering a speech; the same that they have done to jewish speakers, gay speakers, etc.

That's the problem when everyone is labelled racist, there's no way to identify which ones are actual racist vs people that just aren't extremist leftist enough to carry favor with antifa.
<<.....>>

Johnson was considered “to be a threat, not because of what he could do but because of his hate speech and his previously expressed support for Anders Breivik," Martin Bernsen, a spokesperson for Norway's intelligence service, told CNN.

Breivik was a right-wing terrorist who killed 77 people, including dozens of young people, in a shooting at a youth camp on Utoya and a bombing in Oslo in 2011.

Norway is attempting to deport Johnson "as quickly as possible to get him out of the country," Bernsen added. .....

Oct 2019
Earth
<<.....>>

Johnson was considered “to be a threat, not because of what he could do but because of his hate speech and his previously expressed support for Anders Breivik," Martin Bernsen, a spokesperson for Norway's intelligence service, told CNN.

Breivik was a right-wing terrorist who killed 77 people, including dozens of young people, in a shooting at a youth camp on Utoya and a bombing in Oslo in 2011.

Norway is attempting to deport Johnson "as quickly as possible to get him out of the country," Bernsen added. .....

Interesting that they aren't arresting him on a crime, but because of some potential words he might use in the future.

On behalf of what some killer did years before.

I know the push seems like the right thing to do, but then you make a risk that people will hold those values in esteem.

Like people did with the Christchurch shooter.

It's like that quote from star wars; "the tighter you grip, the more slips through your fingers."

raj

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
I think in Europe, they take hate speech more seriously than we do, for obvious reasons.

I'm curious as to why they even allowed him to enter the country.

You'd think they would have stopped him at the terminal gate.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Interesting that they aren't arresting him on a crime, but because of some potential words he might use in the future.

On behalf of what some killer did years before.

I know the push seems like the right thing to do, but then you make a risk that people will hold those values in esteem.

Like people did with the Christchurch shooter.

It's like that quote from star wars; "the tighter you grip, the more slips through your fingers."
Yeah, because Naziism was just a phase with Germans who's "free speech" got a little out of control. The Allies should have just let them get whole genocide thing out of their system by patiently waiting for them to see their beliefs were wrong.

Jesus, read a history book why don't you.

• Love
Oct 2019
Earth
Yeah, because Naziism was just a phase with Germans who's "free speech" got a little out of control. The Allies should have just let them get whole genocide thing out of their system by patiently waiting for them to see their beliefs were wrong.

Jesus, read a history book why don't you.
Then you are aware that the anti fascist group in germany was going around, beating people up in the streets for not supporting that communist party, saying they were fascists? There are a wide variety of issues that created nazism.

Maybe fighting imaginary fascists is creating real fascists; actions and reactions.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Then you are aware that the anti fascist group in germany was going around, beating people up in the streets for not supporting that communist party, saying they were fascists? There are a wide variety of issues that created nazism.

Maybe fighting imaginary fascists is creating real fascists; actions and reactions.
He's not a Norwegian citizen. They don't have to let him in and they chose to say no. You don't think the US ever does that when a person who embraces dangerous ideologies wants to come visit here?

• Love
Oct 2019
Earth
He's not a Norwegian citizen. They don't have to let him in and they chose to say no. You don't think the US ever does that when a person who embraces dangerous ideologies wants to come visit here?
So he's done nothing wrong, I guess that answers that.

What is so dangerous about his ideology? That sounds to me more like an argument that people are too stupid and too easily influenced to be allowed to be exposed to information this person might present.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
So he's done nothing wrong, I guess that answers that.

What is so dangerous about his ideology? That sounds to me more like an argument that people are too stupid and too easily influenced to be allowed to be exposed to information this person might present.
It's Europe. You know that continent where Hitler came from and the holocaust occurred. They have a different mindset because it happened on their soil.

Please just take a glance at this timetable:

For these people, history has proven that what begins as speech can become something else very easily. They have elected leaders in Norway who decide these things and if the Norwegians think this action was appropriate, who am I to tell them no?

Seriously, there are far more egregious acts of censorship in countries all over the world, where dissent is basically outlawed. This is just a case of someone from another country who's only interest in being there is to attend a conference of White Nationalists trying to get their message out more effectively & the authorities exercised their right to say no to him.

I would think after all the yowling about keeping immigrants out of America by WNs, they'd be a little more understanding of their own motives in going to a foreign country being questioned.

Think of it as extreme vetting. Just like Trump did on Jan 27, 2017:

In order to protect Americans, the United States must ensure that those admitted to this country do not bear hostile attitudes toward it and its founding principles. The United States cannot, and should not, admit those who do not support the Constitution, or those who would place violent ideologies over American law. In addition, the United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred (including “honor” killings, other forms of violence against women, or the persecution of those who practice religions different from their own) or those who would oppress Americans of any race, gender, or sexual orientation.

• Love