An Analysis of Trump Supporters Has Identified 5 Key Traits

Jan 2007
Again, disagree. You never saw supporters of previous Republicans POTUS act the way the Trump supporters do.

The whole nonsense about a deep state is just one example.

I don't know about anyone else who is political, but I sure don't buy into Authoritarian or prejudice against others or deprivation.

There are a lot of his supporters out there who do act like Cult members.

Never questioning what comes out of his mouth, obedience to him no matter what. The weird conspiracy theories. They have a meltdown if you even question his judement when it comes to a policy decision. etc. They have also "bought" into that Mexicans are rapists, and that Muslims are "dangerous.

If Obama had done even a 1/3rd of what Trump has done, I would have been out.

But maybe that's because in the end, I put my family and my country over my political beliefs.
Your view of the country supports Obama, Sanders, AOC. Trump supporters want another view for America.

Nov 2015
UK

1. Authoritarian Personality Syndrome
2. Social dominance orientation
3. Prejudice
4. Intergroup contact
5. Relative deprivation

The One Weird Trait That Predicts Whether You’re a Trump Supporter

https://psmag.com/news/inside-the-minds-of-hardcore-trump-supporters
Bias | Psychology Today

spot on isn't it? Candidates for president in the coming election world be wise to adopt an inclusive narrative that's responsive to these considerations.
Would you know if a study of traits has been done on those that vote for left wing or right wing Presidents in order to get left wing or right wing policies but not really to being a supporter of a specific person, eg. the president?

Has that ever crossed your mind?

Otherwise, you're assuming people are Trump supporters as opposed to be a right wing supporter.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Would you know if a study of traits has been done on those that vote for left wing or right wing Presidents in order to get left wing or right wing policies but not really to being a supporter of a specific person, eg. the president?

Has that ever crossed your mind?

Otherwise, you're assuming people are Trump supporters as opposed to be a right wing supporter.
read the OP please.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America

1. Authoritarian Personality Syndrome
2. Social dominance orientation
3. Prejudice
4. Intergroup contact
5. Relative deprivation

The One Weird Trait That Predicts Whether You’re a Trump Supporter

https://psmag.com/news/inside-the-minds-of-hardcore-trump-supporters
Bias | Psychology Today

spot on isn't it? Candidates for president in the coming election world be wise to adopt an inclusive narrative that's responsive to these considerations.
I'd add "beta male" to that list. :)