An Inconvenient Word?

Feb 2011
Ever changing
Sitting at my desk pondering the modicum of intelligence the mind of the collective left clings to while fighting the ever growing delusions into which they sink. Like a unicorn floatie in a brackish pond. It was then that my eyes landed on the desk globe. The Globe. An old world style, sepia toned orb resting on the shoulders of a bronze Atlas taking a knee, shoulders not shrugging.

This glance led to an epiphany. What has happened to the word Global in our environmental lexicon as of late? We have had in the past Global Cooling, Global Warming and even Global Climate Change, that moniker that makes the four unicorn-men of the green apocalypse right no matter the weather condition. All I hear is Climate Change in all media including FOX News! So where did the Global go in Climate Change?

My understanding is that, in the atrophied mind of the collective left, Climate Change is a Global problem. However it is no longer spoken of as Global Climate Change, just Climate Change or Climate Change Crisis. Now, I know that some soy boy working on lowering his male toxicity, might ask in a lilting voice, "What's the big deal?

Well, the big deal is political rhetoric changes the perception of the message. You see, it is painfully obvious even to the self delusional dullards on the left that there is no Global effort on Global Climate Change. There never really was. There was a just a worthless accord that made America the bad man who had to put up the money and take all the hits where it came to CO2 reduction. All this with the promise that the other countries would do their part. Yeah, right. Just like they promised to pay their share of the UN. Didn't happen.

China is on the rise adopting a capitalistic financial model without letting go of the culture of their communist ideology. India is industrializing at a greater pace. There are other examples. But who are we to say what China or India or any other country can do when we did it ourselves? Besides, in places like India millions of lives will rise from poverty. So, the point is, there is no Global effort and likely will never be one. So, they are no longer selling a "Global" crisis.

The question then is, "What in the hell good is a New Green Deal that is written and paid for by America only? How will policies that will only apply to America solve a Global Crisis? What impact will America drastically changing its lifestyle, energy consumption and energy sourcing. Sourcing from alternative energies that are still not entirely financially or technologically viable. Like the raging success of Obama's Solyndra and thousands of green new jobs! The answer to the question is it will do no damn good!

I have heard some greenies say that we need to set the example for the world to follow. Really? You mean the evil, greedy, scourge of the Earth you people call America? Sounds like a great campaign plan. Let's spend trillions of dollars of taxpayer money in the hopes that the world will follow our example! WTF!

The truth of the whole matter is that the clowns of the left running for office need a platform. They can't sell Global participation, so drop the Global and add Crisis. Climate Change Crisis. Set no hard line doomsday predictions. Just use a vague "will spiral out of control in the next ten years." Who can measure what a spiral out of control is?

Furthermore, why would anybody, the likes of Al Gore, who could pull off the farce of a New Green Deal want to kill the self-enriching golden goose they hatched? Gore loves his! No it will be an endless battle against a phantom. So are we to greatly marginalize the life of Americans for the good of the Globe nobody gives a shit about? No. I think it is more that we will drastically marginalize the life of Americans for no good reason. As anybody, other than the left wing loonies really believes there is a Climate Crisis.

Just what we need, a bunch of want to be Presidents proposing trillions of dollars on a green boogey man. Far too many want-to-bees to fit on the "Short bus" in which they belong. That, my friends is the real inconvenient truth.---WORD!

Jan 2016
Colorado
Here is why you should "give a shit" about the globe:

1567835064000.png

That is Planet A. Where we all live, all 7.7 billion of us, a number that is rapidly rising.

There is no Planet B.

We humans are altering the composition of Planet A's atmosphere.

That is an exceptionally dangerous 'science experiment'.

We are also causing a mass extinction event on Planet A.

That, too, is an exceptionally dangerous science experiment.

These simple thoughts should convert you into a 'globalist', or you are just not thinking carefully.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Sitting at my desk pondering the modicum of intelligence the mind of the collective left clings to while fighting the ever growing delusions into which they sink. Like a unicorn floatie in a brackish pond. It was then that my eyes landed on the desk globe. The Globe. An old world style, sepia toned orb resting on the shoulders of a bronze Atlas taking a knee, shoulders not shrugging.

This glance led to an epiphany. What has happened to the word Global in our environmental lexicon as of late? We have had in the past Global Cooling, Global Warming and even Global Climate Change, that moniker that makes the four unicorn-men of the green apocalypse right no matter the weather condition. All I hear is Climate Change in all media including FOX News! So where did the Global go in Climate Change?

My understanding is that, in the atrophied mind of the collective left, Climate Change is a Global problem. However it is no longer spoken of as Global Climate Change, just Climate Change or Climate Change Crisis. Now, I know that some soy boy working on lowering his male toxicity, might ask in a lilting voice, "What's the big deal?

Well, the big deal is political rhetoric changes the perception of the message. You see, it is painfully obvious even to the self delusional dullards on the left that there is no Global effort on Global Climate Change. There never really was. There was a just a worthless accord that made America the bad man who had to put up the money and take all the hits where it came to CO2 reduction. All this with the promise that the other countries would do their part. Yeah, right. Just like they promised to pay their share of the UN. Didn't happen.

China is on the rise adopting a capitalistic financial model without letting go of the culture of their communist ideology. India is industrializing at a greater pace. There are other examples. But who are we to say what China or India or any other country can do when we did it ourselves? Besides, in places like India millions of lives will rise from poverty. So, the point is, there is no Global effort and likely will never be one. So, they are no longer selling a "Global" crisis.

The question then is, "What in the hell good is a New Green Deal that is written and paid for by America only? How will policies that will only apply to America solve a Global Crisis? What impact will America drastically changing its lifestyle, energy consumption and energy sourcing. Sourcing from alternative energies that are still not entirely financially or technologically viable. Like the raging success of Obama's Solyndra and thousands of green new jobs! The answer to the question is it will do no damn good!

I have heard some greenies say that we need to set the example for the world to follow. Really? You mean the evil, greedy, scourge of the Earth you people call America? Sounds like a great campaign plan. Let's spend trillions of dollars of taxpayer money in the hopes that the world will follow our example! WTF!

The truth of the whole matter is that the clowns of the left running for office need a platform. They can't sell Global participation, so drop the Global and add Crisis. Climate Change Crisis. Set no hard line doomsday predictions. Just use a vague "will spiral out of control in the next ten years." Who can measure what a spiral out of control is?

Furthermore, why would anybody, the likes of Al Gore, who could pull off the farce of a New Green Deal want to kill the self-enriching golden goose they hatched? Gore loves his! No it will be an endless battle against a phantom. So are we to greatly marginalize the life of Americans for the good of the Globe nobody gives a shit about? No. I think it is more that we will drastically marginalize the life of Americans for no good reason. As anybody, other than the left wing loonies really believes there is a Climate Crisis.

Just what we need, a bunch of want to be Presidents proposing trillions of dollars on a green boogey man. Far too many want-to-bees to fit on the "Short bus" in which they belong. That, my friends is the real inconvenient truth.---WORD!
A well thought out ,terrific post about the stupidity of the Globalist Craze.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Um, see post #2. What is stupid are the people who refuse to understand that we are all in this together, here on Spaceship Earth. And the people who refuse to understand that the human race is doing serious damage to the biosphere of our Spaceship.
Says who?

Reactions: Slartibartfast
Jan 2016
Colorado
Says who?
Wait, you're disputing that all human beings are living here on Earth?!? Are you saying we have secret colonies on Mars, or something? The far side of the Moon, maybe?

And there have been numerous scientific reports that a MILLION species on this planet are in danger of extinction within the next few decades.

Maybe you should just drink some covfefe, and start paying attention.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Wait, you're disputing that all human beings are living here on Earth?!? Are you saying we have secret colonies on Mars, or something? The far side of the Moon, maybe?

And there have been numerous scientific reports that a MILLION species on this planet are in danger of extinction within the next few decades.

Maybe you should just drink some covfefe, and start paying attention.
Just disputing Globalist Warming. The Earth ain't in danger.

Nov 2010
San Diego...ish
Um, see post #2. What is stupid are the people who refuse to understand that we are all in this together, here on Spaceship Earth. And the people who refuse to understand that the human race is doing serious damage to the biosphere of our Spaceship.
Most of us do understand that. We also understand that even if every American were to turn back their lives and live like pre-industrial man, that the rest of the world would keep on polluting at unprecedented rates.

What is truly stupid is to think that man is destroying this planet. As George Carlin once said, we are like flees and this planet will shrug us off like we are nothing and keep on going on. Of course I am paraphrasing there.

Reactions: Trumpet
Jan 2016
Colorado
Most of us do understand that. We also understand that even if every American were to turn back their lives and live like pre-industrial man, that the rest of the world would keep on polluting at unprecedented rates.

What is truly stupid is to think that man is destroying this planet. As George Carlin once said, we are like flees and this planet will shrug us off like we are nothing and keep on going on. Of course I am paraphrasing there.
(1) Who is asking Americans to revert to a 'pre-industrial' existence?!? Not I!

(2) If George Carlin said that, it was a rare moment of deep stupidity on his part. Humans are having a MASSIVE impact on Planet Earth. How could this NOT be the case, when the human population has surged from a mere ten million in ~10,000 BC, to more than 7.7 BILLION today, a number that is rising fast. Here is the scientific report that was released just a few months ago. Provided in the hope that you want to learn something today:

Redirect Notice

Nature is declining globally at rates unprecedented in human history -- and the rate of species extinctions is accelerating, with grave impacts on people around the world now likely, warns a landmark new report from the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES).

Much more at the link.....

Reactions: OldGaffer and Babba