An Inconvenient Word?

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Yes, exactly. The planet will recover from whatever damage we inflict on it. The point is that the human species evolved and developed civilization in a particular global climate. That climate is changing and those changes are affecting the planet to a point that it is endangering the habitat that human civilization can survive in. What is it that you think we've been arguing?
My problem with the environmental movement has always been the advocates, who, in my opinion, turn the planet itself into a victim, exaggerate the certainty of the science and over-simplify the interactions between nature and mankind, while trying to always blame people and create fear.

This does not mean we shouldn't de-carbonize and fight pollution. It does mean that the voice of the movement is not science, but marketing. When that became clear to me, I began to say what I have always said. Show me the numbers. Lower the angst in your rhetoric. Tell the politicians to take a hike. Stop telling the cynics they are deniers.

Prove your case and stop being a bunch of self righteous pricks. Whey should we trust someone who tells us that the planet needs to be saved?

Last edited:

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Last edited:

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
My problem with the environmental movement has always been the advocates, who, in my opinion, turn the planet itself into a victim, exaggerate the certainty of the science and over-simplify the interactions between nature and mankind, while trying to always blame people and create fear.

This does not mean we shouldn't de-carbonize and fight pollution. It does mean that the voice of the movement is not science, but marketing. When that became clear to me, I began to say what I have always said. Show me the numbers. Lower the angst in your rhetoric. Tell the politicians to take a hike. Stop telling the cynics they are deniers.

Prove your case and stop being a bunch of self righteous pricks. Whey should we trust someone who tells us that the planet needs to be saved?
The case has been proven. It's not the planet that needs saving. It's a matter of sparing millions of humans from suffering, not to mention the extinction of millions of other species.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
I'm not going to read anything by that man. He has been completely discredited by his colleagues and others.
Only the partisans. He's as qualified as anyone else and more qualified than most. Look on UTube for his debates. There are dozens.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Only the partisans. He's as qualified as anyone else and more qualified than most. Look on UTube for his debates. There are dozens.
Those "partisans" are most other scientists and I'm not going to read him or listen to him. He's wrong. It's absurd that you keep trying to dismiss the consensus of most scientists as merely partisanship. Your problem is that facts have a liberal bias.