An open discussion on abortion

Oct 2014
North of the Big City
I've just arrived and there are a lot of insults flying around in this "open discussion". Crap this, bullshit this, hypocrite that.

You know, I'm going to go back to page one and see where the conflict actually kicked off, who was the first person to become disruptive, over-react, profane etc.

Back in a tick.

Oct 2014
North of the Big City
Welp, that didn't take long. In fact, it took until post 3 before someone went full retard.

It turns out TNV was the first person to disrupt the thread, with a completely sham Margaret Sanger "quote" about recommending the extermination of colored people.

While HayJenn's reply in her reply to him in post 5 is the first reference to "B.S."

In fairness, TNV's quote and tactic was B.S., so I'm going to give the "Screw Up The Thread Award" to TNV.

Post 3, huh? Good going, buddy! Woo!

Nov 2015
UK
Just as I started the feminism thread, I am starting this thread. Abortion has been a hot topic since 1973, and I don't see that changing, and I also don't see starting a new thread every time something changes. I'm going to request permission to make this a sticky, and then just add to it.

I have a tiny glimmer of hope that people will hear each other. Attempt a paradigm shift or two.

Christian group's survey finds that Christians have the most abortions in U.S.

• 70 percent of the women they surveyed identified as Christians.
  • 23 percent of Christian women who have had an abortion consider themselves evangelical Christians.
  • Over one third of the women surveyed attend a church once a week or more.
  • Over half of the women who attend church regularly have kept their terminated pregnancy secret from their church community.
On the plus side, and probably surprising to many on the right of this issue who frequently share horror stories of women secretly having abortions while good Christian men are powerless, the majority of women based their decision to terminate a pregnancy (regardless of their religious affiliation) on the influence of the father of the unborn child. The influence of the father in this case was followed by the influence of a medical provider. So women who end up terminating a pregnancy aren’t, on the whole, a part of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

[HR][/HR]
Now, with the 70% claiming to be Christian - I think that falls in line with people believing this to be a Christian nation. I think the bulk of the pro-lifers would agree that nobody having an abortion should be referring to themselves as a woman of faith - or am I wrong?

I look forward to a very lively thread.

If you decide to post pictures of aborted babies to prove a point, kindly bracket the image with [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ], 'preciate it.

***take out the spaces between the brackets and the word 'spoiler'.
I notice the Abortion section is under Civil Rights as opposed to Health Care so the whole issue of abortion is off on the wrong foot.

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
She's not killing her body, it's another body. Who has the right to do that? The DNA of that thing in her womb is the same DNA of the thing after it's birth.
Yeah, no. It’s not.

Further, it’s a medical privacy issue between a woman and her doctor.

Jan 2007
Yeah, no. It’s not.

Further, it’s a medical privacy issue between a woman and her doctor.
So why shouldn't the mother have the right to kill her new born? Say three months after birth, if she is tired of it, get rid of it. It's a privacy thing.
Same for the dog who just delivered puppies? Though I suspect the puppies have more rights under the law and far more public sympathy.

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
So why shouldn't the mother have the right to kill her new born? Say three months after birth, if she is tired of it, get rid of it. It's a privacy thing.
Same for the dog who just delivered puppies? Though I suspect the puppies have more rights under the law and far more public sympathy.
Because she’s not a sick fuck, like apparently people who think like you.

7E8DADB9-0AF1-49CF-8C2E-37606C5E0F23.jpeg