'And I did inhale': Kamala Harris admits marijuana use

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., said in a new interview that she supports the legalization of marijuana — admitting that she has used it herself, and unlike Bill Clinton, she inhaled.

“I did inhale,” Harris said, laughing, during a discussion posted Monday by “The Breakfast Club” program on New York’s 105.1 FM. “It was a long time ago, but yes. I just broke news!”

“Listen, I think [it] gives a lot of people joy,” she added. “And we need more joy.”

Aside from this interview being Hillary Clinton and hot sauce level of cringey pandering, advocating for legalization is fine.

But there are two problems with this interview. She claims to have smoked pot in college while listening to Tupac and Snoop Dogg. But she graduated law school in 1989. Tupac's first album came out in 1991 and Snoop's first album came out in 1993.
Going by that timeline, she was DDA of Alameda County from 1990 to 1998. So if she was smoking pot while listening to Tupac and Snoop, that was at the same time she was busting people for low level drug crimes.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., said in a new interview that she supports the legalization of marijuana — admitting that she has used it herself, and unlike Bill Clinton, she inhaled.

“I did inhale,” Harris said, laughing, during a discussion posted Monday by “The Breakfast Club” program on New York’s 105.1 FM. “It was a long time ago, but yes. I just broke news!”

“Listen, I think [it] gives a lot of people joy,” she added. “And we need more joy.”

Aside from this interview being Hillary Clinton and hot sauce level of cringey pandering, advocating for legalization is fine.

But there are two problems with this interview. She claims to have smoked pot in college while listening to Tupac and Snoop Dogg. But she graduated law school in 1989. Tupac's first album came out in 1991 and Snoop's first album came out in 1993.
Going by that timeline, she was DDA of Alameda County from 1990 to 1998. So if she was smoking pot while listening to Tupac and Snoop, that was at the same time she was busting people for low level drug crimes.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.

So what?

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.

So what?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I just explained that. She's either lying about when she smoked pot or she was doing it at the same time she was busting other people for the same thing. Probably both. She probably realized that admitting that she smoked pot while she was a DDA wasn't great so she tried to make it seem like a college thing. Except she blew her story by adding a detail that doesn't add up.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
... But there are two problems with this interview. She claims to have smoked pot in college while listening to Tupac and Snoop Dogg. But she graduated law school in 1989. Tupac's first album came out in 1991 and Snoop's first album came out in 1993. Going by that timeline, she was DDA of Alameda County from 1990 to 1998. So if she was smoking pot while listening to Tupac and Snoop, that was at the same time she was busting people for low level drug crimes.
... Or she incorrectly recalled the music playing at the time.