And what of American Rights?

A

Ausinus

Exactly so, and it is why I mentioned it earlier. I'm not satisfied it passes scrutiny.
Neither am I. I am surprised the ACLU hasnt jumped on it already. I also think that in addition to due process, all detainees should have double jeopardy protection too.

L
How the hell did they pass that? They must have ignored a lot of flak from human rights groups.

If it was right after the worst terrorist act in our history, 9-11, and it was called the PATRIOT act, could you vote against it? Most of congress didnt even read it. How could you be against something with such an Orwellian title? Like the clear skies initiative, or the healthy forest initiative. If you vote against the patriot act, you must not be the a patriot. There is not much balls in congress.

P

Properman

If it was right after the worst terrorist act in our history, 9-11, and it was called the PATRIOT act, could you vote against it? Most of congress didnt even read it. How could you be against something with such an Orwellian title? Like the clear skies initiative, or the healthy forest initiative. If you vote against the patriot act, you must not be the a patriot. There is not much balls in congress.
All of congress are sissies, and ninnies. I always have wondered where the law-makers of the old days went, do any of the current, and future, law-makers have the qualities of the old ones? What ever happened to the congress-men/women who would step past party lines and come to a joint conclusion, now-a-days we need a party to control all of congress for anything to happen.

A

Ausinus

All of congress are sissies, and ninnies. I always have wondered where the law-makers of the old days went, do any of the current, and future, law-makers have the qualities of the old ones? What ever happened to the congress-men/women who would step past party lines and come to a joint conclusion, now-a-days we need a party to control all of congress for anything to happen.
They all died of marajuana overdoses :D