Andy Borowitz: Not funny

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.

Andy Borowitz makes dad jokes for self-satisfied liberals. If you think Sarah Palin is stupid and Mitt Romney is rich, Andy Borowitz has some jokes that will decidedly not challenge a single one of your prior assumptions!
For some reason the man who created "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is now America's foremost political satirist. Except he's not actually a satirist, he's a parodist. As a parodist he falls very short of the standard set by, say, (true American treasure) Weird Al. His milieu is "fake news," which is a very crowded field. But Borowitz is a one-man fake news machine, producing with soothing predictability an endless stream of topical jokes and sentences that resemble jokes, for Twitter ("Romney: 'It's time to transform America, and Paul Ryan and I are both Transformers.'" I think the joke there is that Romney and Ryan are robotic. Or maybe that they're evil?) and his new home at the New Yorker.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Borowitz is only funny to the echo chambered fans who adore him. This is a great article breaking down his Idiocy.

one point for borowitz fans, if you have to try to explain why something is funny. The joke failed.

Jul 2011
Tennessee

Andy Borowitz makes dad jokes for self-satisfied liberals. If you think Sarah Palin is stupid and Mitt Romney is rich, Andy Borowitz has some jokes that will decidedly not challenge a single one of your prior assumptions!
For some reason the man who created "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is now America's foremost political satirist. Except he's not actually a satirist, he's a parodist. As a parodist he falls very short of the standard set by, say, (true American treasure) Weird Al. His milieu is "fake news," which is a very crowded field. But Borowitz is a one-man fake news machine, producing with soothing predictability an endless stream of topical jokes and sentences that resemble jokes, for Twitter ("Romney: 'It's time to transform America, and Paul Ryan and I are both Transformers.'" I think the joke there is that Romney and Ryan are robotic. Or maybe that they're evil?) and his new home at the New Yorker.

Borowitz is only funny to the echo chambered fans who adore him. This is a great article breaking down his Idiocy.

one point for borowitz fans, if you have to try to explain why something is funny. The joke failed.
Last sentence, so true!!

Jul 2011
Tennessee

There's a thread devoted to him on the forum.

From Borowitz, with love.

Reactions: sweettee

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
Not surprising. His column appears in The New Yorker magazine, which I'm guessing you do not subscribe to.
Gotta love how he triggers the ^^^Trump faithful^^^ though, LOL.
I subscribe to The New Yorker, but seldom read him there. I get more Borowitz reading from my Facebook thread. Sometimes the headlines alone are enough. He's funny most of the time.

You know who's never funny? Diamond and Silk.

Jul 2017
U.S.A.

Waaaah!
We get it... He busts on your orange idol.