Animals that KILLED their Son in a 12 hour Beating, in the name of God, get Prison

Jul 2014
Border Fence

The couple’s 19-year-old son, Lucas Leonard, spent the last 12 hours of his life behind the insular church’s walls, as he and his brother, Christopher, now 18, were kicked, whipped, and punched, with intermittent breaks.

The beatings began soon after both brothers approached congregation leaders with their plans to leave the church, which some former members insist is a cult.
Bruce Leonard, 66, was sentenced to 10 years, according to court records. He faced a potential 15-year sentence after accepting a plea bargain last year. He agreed to testify against others accused in the beatings at the Word of Life Christian Church in Chadwicks, a small hamlet located just six miles outside of Utica, New York.

Deborah Leonard, 60, was sentenced to five years. She, too, agreed to a plea deal contingent on her testimony.
Parents Sentenced in Beating Death of Son at Word of Life Church

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
The sons that got beat don't sound much better than the parents.
Yes, but what kind of environment breeds this sort of dysfunction? I suspect there is all kinds of abuse going on besides this one incident. And why wouldn't they just let the boys leave if they were so awful? Why not call the police and have them arrested?

More questions than answers.

Mar 2008
The last place I lost my keys.
Yes, but what kind of environment breeds this sort of dysfunction? I suspect there is all kinds of abuse going on besides this one incident. And why wouldn't they just let the boys leave if they were so awful? Why not call the police and have them arrested?

More questions than answers.
It's a cult thing.