People drink nonstop during Mardi Gras.

It's a time-honored tradition.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2016
Gotham
Why not in previous years?
Cheaper gas prices?

Sorry. That was probably in poor taste.

I honestly don't know. But I'm guessing it's just yet one more manifestation of the dumbing down of America. I can attest that people around here can't drive for shit anymore, and NY used to have the best drivers in the US, IMO..

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
This one could be a older driver by the way it was described. My Mother-in-law plowed through a brick wall in Florida because she was wearing a new pair of diabetic shoes and lost her coordination. She had to reimburse the city for rebuilding the wall.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
This one could be a older driver by the way it was described. My Mother-in-law plowed through a brick wall in Florida because she was wearing a new pair of diabetic shoes and lost her coordination. She had to reimburse the city for rebuilding the wall.
I suppose, it is something we will be facing as more boomers age. Then they are driving still.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2016
Gotham
I suppose, it is something we will be facing as more boomers age. Then they are driving still.
As an aging Boomer (well, from the tail end), I resent that.

I'm a better driver than 99 percent of the population in my community, regardless of age. The only reason it's not 100 percent is because all those other guys piss me off so much.

So, in essence, that 1 percent beats me in attitude, not skill.

Jul 2015
Florida
Why not in previous years?
Honestly, we didn't pay much attention to people RUNNING INTO PEOPLE at events until TERRORISTS starting using it as a tactic. Unless of course it was a mass casualty event. Events like this happen all over the country that don't get counted and don't make it MSM.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
In his 20's as i recall....(read in the paper this morning)

Reactions: 2 people