Another new 737 crashes

Jul 2014
midwest
In Ethiopia this time.

157 dead, including 8 Americans.

Significant that this was a brand new one just like the one which crashed in Indonesia a few months ago.

And, both had just taken off.

This pilot was very experienced, but maybe not familiar enough with this airplane.

World class airplane, perhaps less than world class training, maintenance...etc.

Jan 2007
It will be thoroughly investigated. Many crashes involve a multitude of issues stacked up together. Sometimes plane problems along with pilot mistakes dealing with it.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
The investigators will get to the bottom of this. They will be able to tell if a missile was used, pilot error, or mechanical issues were involved.

I've been watching a show Air Disasters, and it goes through the process used to determine airplane disasters.

This disaster will likely be on this show in the upcoming months.

Jan 2007
The investigators will get to the bottom of this. They will be able to tell if a missile was used, pilot error, or mechanical issues were involved.

I've been watching a show Air Disasters, and it goes through the process used to determine airplane disasters.

This disaster will likely be on this show in the upcoming months.
Late model 737's have a good record.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
If there's no indication of serious human error or terrorism, this is a major, major problem for Boeing.

These are brand new planes. Ethiopian also has a stellar safety record.

One crash from one new model aircraft is a blip. Two is an emergency of the highest order.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Discussion of a failed sensor which sends feedback to the autopilot functions. If sensors used on multiple planes is culprit , big problem.
Oh my. If that pans out, it's devastating. It's one thing if a faulty part failed at the wrong moment, Murphy's Law, and crashes ensued.

If they designed a part or software into the thing that is actually causing planes to crash ...