Another proposal for gun safety laws

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
Put simple attachments on magazines that require a bit of time to connect them to the weapon. (thumbscrews, etc)
Any devices to slow down reloading.

A mere inconvenience to law abiding gun owners.....A life saving godsend to victims under attack.
Sorry no. I don't think home or personal protection of law abiding citizens should be hampered to load their weapon to protect themselves. Many of us keep our weapons and ammo apart.

I like where you are going but you aren't there yet.

Biometrics might be a better route.

Reactions: 1 person

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Sorry no. I don't think home or personal protection of law abiding citizens should be hampered to load their weapon to protect themselves. Many of us keep our weapons and ammo apart.

I like where you are going but you aren't there yet.

Biometrics might be a better route.
I disagree that 10 rounds is not ample for self defense.
My 9mm I carried throughout my DEA career had less than that and my job put me a much greater risk than most people.

Aside from that, it's balancing self-defense rights vs society's right to defend all of us.
I think 10 rounds is a fair trade-off an so did the SCOTUS when it supported the 1994-2004 AWB.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
Never.

Our rights to bear arms was provided to protect us from a tyrannical government. Our current D.C. authoritarians know that under the current situation, they could never force the American people to heel. But, watching the Leftists try and take away the leverage "We the People" have at every turn is noted.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
State laws cannot violate an Article I power. State laws cannot violate any power they ceded.
Read the Supremacy Clause:

Article VI

All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.
This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articlevi

Last edited:

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Never.

Our rights to bear arms was provided to protect us from a tyrannical government.
Not true and merely your opinion. (otherwise..Link to the wording in the constitution that backs up your thesis)

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
Not true and merely your opinion. (otherwise..Link to the wording in the constitution that backs up your thesis)
[video=youtube;O5IYKMalBEU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5IYKMalBEU[/video]

By the way, there are tons of things not in the Constitution, but we understand to be implied.

• Right to Vote
  • Jury of Peers

.... oh and where is Separation of Church and State?

Last edited:
Sep 2014
Barsoom
Read the Supremacy Clause:

Article VI

All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.
This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articlevi
The supremacy clause was added to demarcate conflict boundaries between Article I powers and state laws. It is as equally a limiter on the federal government as it is on the states.

As an aside, the no religious test clause in Article VI was added to protect the Protestant religion.