Another reason why modern assault rifles like the AR15 should be re-banned from the civilian market

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Somif you have to shoot someone, you want the thing thats not as good at it?

Your hysterics over ar15 is a it much.
If I'm in a crowd and hit by a stray or aimed round I think most people would want a chance to survive that wound.

This is happening almost weekly on our streets and lives are being lost to these weapons that probably would not be lost to most other types of firearms.
Congress needs to look at the lawful utility vs the societal danger of such weapons. (AW's lose that test badly but can't compete with NRA bribes that are killing our kids for profit!)

Last edited:
Jul 2014
midwest
Even if new ones are banned, how are the ones already out there going to be taken back?

And there are LOTS of them out there...

I don't think anyone has a realistic plan for that.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Additionally, most body armor used by LEOs cannot stop an assault rifle round.
They are designed for pistol rounds which have much less energy.

Who needs this lethality outside of the military and macho gun nuts with small penises?

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida

Your callous approach to this issue makes me wonder how much real experience you have with firearms....outside of TV and the movies that is?

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio

Regular guns aren't lethal enough? I love how you dismiss people who question the maturity level of Americans who think they need enough firepower to stop an elephant as if they are simply scared of nothing.

You're defending the idea that a home invasion of several people wearing full body armor & will stop at nothing to kill you is a plausible scenario, and therefore these insanely deadly weapons are necessary for home defense.

The odds are astronomical that any scenario like that would happen to however many millions of people who own these types of firearms. I know that statistically, AR15s don't kill people in the numbers handguns do, but statistically, your odds of being killed in a terrorist attack are even more remote. Yet we don't err on the side of civil rights when dealing with those threats, do we?

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Regular guns aren't lethal enough? I love how you dismiss people who question the maturity level of Americans who think they need enough firepower to stop an elephant as if they are simply scared of nothing

Yeah dismiss those people, they in general tend to be ignorant anti civil rights clowns. What kind of civil debate do you expect when you start out insulting thier maturity?

The .556 is a piss poor choice to “stop an elephant” that’s ignorance.

You're defending the idea that a home invasion of several people wearing full body armor & will stop at nothing to kill you is a plausible scenario, and therefore these insanely deadly weapons are necessary for home defense.
Ive done no such thing and id appreciate you not lying about me. My position is much more simple. Its my fucking right, such a fundamental right it was enshrined and enumerated in our constitution to have one if I so choose to buy one.

The odds are astronomical that any scenario like that would happen to however many millions of people who own these types of firearms. I know that statistically, AR15s don't kill people in the numbers handguns do, but statistically, your odds of being killed in a terrorist attack are even more remote. Yet we don't err on the side of civil rights when dealing with those threats, do we?

The “astronomical” thing here is how little the ar15 has to do with the vast majority of shootings.

Last edited:
Jan 2019
southeast
I have a theory on this and it sounds nuts, but does anyone look at pics of these idiots that kill in masses. This past one looks like a total nerd....don't they all? Is it too PC to take a look at photos of those that have prior insane behavior and never allow any kind of gun in their hand?