Another reason why modern assault rifles like the AR15 should be re-banned from the civilian market

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Nope, you fail to provide any logical REASON it's "stupid".
"It's just stupid" is generally something one says when they can provide no objective evidence that something is illogical or inaccurate. It's what kids do.
It's stupid because you actually think the 2A limits my firearms to a freaking musket apparently.

It's stupid because you honestly believe the possession of an AR style rifle means I'm insecure. You don't even know me.

It's stupid because you compared folks who own an AR style rifle to women who own expensive purses. How very misogynistic of you.

It's also stupid because you're comparing grown adults buying something to a teenage boy begging mom and dad for expensive shoes.

It's stupid because you actually type MACHO and TACTICAL in the same thought thinking it meant something . . .

But hey, whatever makes you feel better about the stupid opinion regarding my "NEED" for an AR style rifle . . .

That better?

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
It's stupid because you actually think the 2A limits my firearms to a freaking musket apparently.

It's stupid because you honestly believe the possession of an AR style rifle means I'm insecure. You don't even know me.

It's stupid because you compared folks who own an AR style rifle to women who own expensive purses. How very misogynistic of you.

It's also stupid because you're comparing grown adults buying something to a teenage boy begging mom and dad for expensive shoes.

It's stupid because you actually type MACHO and TACTICAL in the same thought thinking it meant something . . .

But hey, whatever makes you feel better about the stupid opinion regarding my "NEED" for an AR style rifle . . .

That better?
Nope, I did not say that possession of such a firearm MADE you insecure. most likely you already were insecure when you got it.

What's stupid about the comparison? Marketing is marketing. WTF? I hate women because they buy expensive purses? The woman buys the purse because all her pals have one, many guys buy AR's for the same reason.

Obviously you do not understand marketing and sales.

Uh, BOTH words DO mean something. Your point is...?

No, my point was that it's NOT a need but rather a want and that skilled marketing can change your perspective from that of a want into a need. Don't you understand that?

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Nope, I did not say that possession of such a firearm MADE you insecure. most likely you already were insecure when you got it.

What's stupid about the comparison? Marketing is marketing. WTF? I hate women because they buy expensive purses? The woman buys the purse because all her pals have one, many guys buy AR's for the same reason.
You whined about my response not providing sufficient info on why it's stupid. I provide the info and you still whine.

Obviously you do not understand marketing and sales.

Uh, BOTH words DO mean something. Your point is...?

No, my point was that it's NOT a need but rather a want and that skilled marketing can change your perspective from that of a want into a need. Don't you understand that?
So the master of marketing thinks I got an FFL and bought all of my firearms due to an ad campaign.

Cool.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
You whined about my response not providing sufficient info on why it's stupid. I provide the info and you still whine.

So the master of marketing thinks I got an FFL and bought all of my firearms due to an ad campaign.

Cool.

Fine, I suppose all those billions and billions of $$$$ spent on sales, advertising, marketing, product placement ads, etc, etc, are just a waste of money. It's ALL about you personally.
I'll alert the media.

Give the right agency a big enough marketing budget and a little time and they could have half of the all RW conservatives driving Smart Cars and Prius's with Hillary bumper stickers and radios that will only play Justin Bieber.

Last edited:
Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Fine, I suppose all those billions and billions of $$$$ spent on sales, advertising, marketing, product placement ads, etc, etc, are just a waste of money. It's ALL about you personally.
I'll alert the media.

Give the right agency a big enough marketing budget and a little time and they could have half of the all RW conservatives driving Smart Cars and Prius's with Hillary bumper stickers and radios that will only play Justin Bieber.

Each and every one of us thinks it's "all about me" . . .

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Each and every one of us thinks it's "all about me" . . .
And that is why marketing techniques work so very well.
You ever read any of Edward Bernays's writings? Absolute genius when it comes the public relations/propaganda/marketing, which are all pretty much the same thing when it comes to techniques employed.

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
And that is why marketing techniques work so very well.
You ever read any of Edward Bernays's writings? Absolute genius when it comes the public relations/propaganda/marketing, which are all pretty much the same thing when it comes to techniques employed.

I've never heard of Edward Bernays . . . . :oops:

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I've never heard of Edward Bernays . . . . :oops:
A fucking genius. He's the one that first coined the term "public relations."
After WWI propaganda had a negative connotation attached to it so he just called what he did "public relations." Worked like a charm. He lived to be almost 100 years old and dominated his field through almost all of the 20th century.

Reactions: spamking