Another Rebublican LIES about his war record. And it is a BIG LIE.

Jun 2011
N/A
No, not Mark Kirk. He lied in 2010. That is old news.

From CBS News:

"(AP)
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Military service records for a Rhode Island lawmaker who has blamed a string of legal troubles on combat stress he suffered in the 1991 Gulf War indicate he never served in the Middle East.

State Rep. Daniel Gordon's Marine Corps records
, obtained by The Associated Press, list him as an aircraft technician who served from 1987 to 1991 in the U.S. and Japan. Gordon has said his leg was injured by shrapnel outside Baghdad.
Gordon's records also list no Purple Heart award for an injury.

The Portsmouth Republican
is fighting calls for his resignation following his arrest on charges stemming from a 2008 police chase in Massachusetts. The arrest exposed past legal problems, including a four-month sentence in 1999 for assault, an attempted murder charge dismissed in 2004 and a long list of traffic offenses in Massachusetts.

Gordon has said his problems sprang from alcohol abuse relating to post-traumatic stress from his service.
On Friday, Gordon insisted that his service record is incomplete. He said he couldn't provide evidence of his time in Iraq because many of his photos and keepsakes from his service were destroyed in a house fire. Gordon said he couldn't recall precisely when the fire happened, but said he was living in Fall River, Mass., at the time....

...Records obtained from the Marine Corps show Gordon joined the Marines on June 4, 1987, and served at bases in South Carolina, Tennessee, Washington and California, and spent six months with an aviation unit at a Marine Corps air station in Japan....

...Calls for Gordon's resignation have come from House Speaker Gordon Fox, D-Providence, and House Minority Leader Brian Newberry, R-North Smithfield, as well as the state Republican and Democratic parties."

--------------------------------

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Yes, he was propelled into office by the Rhode Island Tea Party, namely, the EAST BAY PATRIOTS . Here is his webpage on their site. Have a look.

Rep. Gordon was ARRESTED one week ago on multiple charges.

He was also jailed 3 times in Massachusetts. He has been charged with various crimes 12 times in the last 18 years. Also:

"Gordon was elected as a state representative last November, defeating Democrat George Alzaibak by just 47 votes. He succeeded fellow Republican Rep. John Loughlin, who retired to mount a losing bid for Congress against David Cicilline.Loughlin did not recruit Gordon to succeed him and did not endorse his candidacy, spokesman Mike Napolitano told Target 12. Loughlin "did not know him," Napolitano said. "I would consider them people who knew each other through the [Republican] Party. They were not close friends."

Despite the legislator’s lengthy criminal history, John Marion – the head of good-government group Common Cause Rhode Island – said Gordon did not violate any laws by failing to disclose the information to the Rhode Island Board of Elections.

“[The state] set a standard that if you were convicted of a felony or served more than six months in jail for a misdemeanor in the last three years you would have to disclose it,” said Marion. “He didn’t violate that.”"

To it's credit, the RI Republican caucus expelled him 2 weeks ago.

The RI Tea Party is trying to disassociate itself from him ASAP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say that the RI GOP has a major problem child on it's hands...

This article pretty much sums it up:

"The poster child of the East Bay Patriots(Rhode Island), Dan Gordon, was arrested this week for failing to appear before a Massachusetts court. On the day of his arraignment, Rhode Island voters learned that instead of electing a family values veteran, they had in fact elected a long-term criminal wanted in Massachusetts for eluding capture and who had a lengthy criminal record -- everything from fraud (he worked as a contractor in CT and MA in additional to RI, but without a license) to car theft and attempted murder.

And in addition to his criminal record, we now know that Gordon, who claimed to have been injured by schrapnel in the first Gulf War, lied about his military service. While Gordon did serve in the Marine Corps, he did not see action in Iraq. Indeed, the closest he came to Baghdad was Japan."

--------------------------------------------

Don't these people realize that in the age of internet, everything gets cached. That every record can be checked?

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
Where's the part where he tweeted his dick pics? No dick pics? No need to resign.

Jul 2011
I have no respect for anyone who lies.

A politician who lies about his military record to get elected is especially disgusting to me.

However, [MENTION=13680]bonncaruso[/MENTION], I would say this is a "BIG LIE" only to the residents of R.I. This really doesn't affect us in Colorado. I also don't think this has any reflection on the TEA Party, as a whole. His actions doesn't paint them all as liars...anymore than Clinton's actions paints all Democrats as randy old goats.

Nov 2006

A politician who lies about his military record to get elected is especially disgusting to me.

However, [MENTION=13680]bonncaruso[/MENTION], I would say this is a "BIG LIE" only to the residents of R.I. This really doesn't affect us in Colorado. I also don't think this has any reflection on the TEA Party, as a whole. His actions doesn't paint them all as liars...anymore than Clinton's actions paints all Democrats as randy old goats.
I think he is an an accurate reflection of teabaggers, it shows the kind of ignorant scum they are.

Reactions: Cicero
Jun 2011
The nation has a BRIGHT future.......essentially a racist mindset. One is, therefore the group must be.

Jun 2011
N/A

So, you can take that view. And I did mention that the RI Tea Party is trying hard and fast to distance itself from the man. But they should have vetted him first. And I hold that opinion that if the Tea Party wants to make sure that we all know that it is so national, then it's failings will ALSO be national. Can't have it both ways, that would of course be hypocrisy.

Jun 2011
N/A
If a female tweeted a pic of her business between her legs would that be a Twat Tweet ? Just asking !!!
I am not going there... I am just not gonna go there.... oy vey, oh the jokes I could crack, but it would put a slit in my armor of logic and then I would have a gaping hole where there was once a solid front. No, I just won't go there.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I think he is an an accurate reflection of teabaggers, it shows the kind of ignorant scum they are.
By this logic, change this guy to john wayne gaces and your vulgar vitriol "teabaggers" to "democrats" and you might run into a little trouble with your "logic". :moron: